OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Hope Springs Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
All the hype about the US lineup too and everyone acting like their pitching staff doesn't exist lol

USA won't be able to hang with these other staffs. I mean team Mexico hung 11 today. Not exactly a team full of scrubs obviously, but not exactly murderer's row
The US lineup is absurd (like one of the best lineups you could ever put together) and should be able to outhit their pitching staff (at least in the group stage) but feels like a lot of bad vibes with this group. Pretty disappointing the US arms don't get up for this thing like the other countries.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This tournament also shouldn't be happening during Spring Training. The "having to get pitchers work" and pitch limits lessen the entire thing.
There's really no ideal time. Midseason at the All-Star break maybe, but not sure the league wants to shutdown for two weeks in the middle of the year and I can see a bunch of Stars bailing for the time off in that scenario. After the season I think teams aren't going to want their pitchers exceeding pitch innings limits, especially if they already pitched in a post season.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
This tournament also shouldn't be happening during Spring Training. The "having to get pitchers work" and pitch limits lessen the entire thing.
It seems like this WBC is getting a bit more buzz than previous ones. It's going to be extremely controversial, but I really would love to see MLB do a shut-down and have baseball at the LA Olympics in 2028. It doesn't have to be every Olympics... Just make it a 'generational' type thing when it's in NA and makes sense.

The Olympics may not let baseball back in, but the host country gets to include an event.

Although if the US gets knocked out of WBC prob won't have anywhere near the buzz/interest for the next one (or any kind of international thing)

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Seranthony not looking good. Spin rates and velo down. Hopefully nothing. Probably something, since he just got that extension

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad