OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Hope Springs Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Wait, what the f***... Jose Bautista played 27 games for Philadelphia? What was I doing in 2018?
Yea. He was an August trade deadline addition and was supposed to be a "Matt Stairs" type. The Phillies were like 2 games behind the Braves going into that September and then they just crumbled. Finished 10 games behind the Braves.

Reactions: wankstifier

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That Phillies team had one of the best records in the NL that year up until the trade deadline. Traded for Asdrubal Cabrera. I want to say he even played some SS that year. That's how flawed the roster was. Team collapsed. People blamed Gabe not the overachieving roster.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That Phillies team had one of the best records in the NL that year up until the trade deadline. Traded for Asdrubal Cabrera. I want to say he even played some SS that year. That's how flawed the roster was. Team collapsed. People blamed Gabe not the overachieving roster.

Yeah Klentak went crazy adding past-their-prime vets that year and it backfired tremendously.

Jose Bautista, Justin Bour, Trevor Plouffe, and Asdrubal Cabrera

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lol these dudes have no concept of the zone at all tonight. My god.

42K crowd on a Friday night after returning home after a road trip and they drop that stinker.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They gotta get Bryce into the field. This dude is miserable DHing. Id start working him in at 1B after the break.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Other than Stott this team seems to have no approach right now. They shouldn't be this bad offensively. They have championship caliber pitching.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Harper has no power for some reason...did he rush back too quickly?
What happened to JT?
Schwarber is HR or an out..nothing in between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad