OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Corona Season: Will We Finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
You can't fire me I quit!!

GbptI54.jpg

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Someone pointed out that by reassigning him, we might be avoiding paying out his entire severance at once, so perhaps a smart bit of business, if they stick him in a ticket window or something. Just as long as he's not near the baseball side of things.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I understand the whole liquidity thing and all with billionaire owners and such. Middleton saying he has to see where the financials are with the team due to gate revenue and shit is why we hate owners. Guy is beyond rich, and has preached winning over all but then uses that as an excuse. Don’t come into the limelight telling the fans of this city you want to win over anything then back out because of f***ing financials on the team when you’re sitting on billions upon billions.

We as a fan base may be ugly as f*** but trust me we aren’t stupid. f*** that bullshit they are spewing.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I understand the whole liquidity thing and all with billionaire owners and such. Middleton saying he has to see where the financials are with the team due to gate revenue and shit is why we hate owners. Guy is beyond rich, and has preached winning over all but then uses that as an excuse. Don’t come into the limelight telling the fans of this city you want to win over anything then back out because of f***ing financials on the team when you’re sitting on billions upon billions.

We as a fan base may be ugly as f*** but trust me we aren’t stupid. f*** that bullshit they are spewing.

I TOTALLY resent the BS that Middletown spewed. He essentially blamed COVID and the fans for not being able to pay JT - which is complete nonsense.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

We’ve been stupid enough to forget that this is historically the worst franchise in professional sports. Besides those few years of 07-11 this organization has been unbelievably cheap.

Reactions: Cody Webster

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
We’ve been stupid enough to forget that this is historically the worst franchise in professional sports. Besides those few years of 07-11 this organization has been unbelievably cheap.

alright, you are ok with john spending 400 million dollars on a catcher when you have holes at other positions? you cant win like that. our pitching is bad and we only have two starters, the rest are garbage, the bullpen is bad, we have no outfield help, no 3b, no 2b. this team isnt a major contract away from contending, we have to spend on other positions because the players we drafted arent very good. do you expect this team to win a championship with this current roster just by adding jt?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
alright, you are ok with john spending 400 million dollars on a catcher when you have holes at other positions? you cant win like that. our pitching is bad and we only have two starters, the rest are garbage, the bullpen is bad, we have no outfield help, no 3b, no 2b. this team isnt a major contract away from contending, we have to spend on other positions because the players we drafted arent very good. do you expect this team to win a championship with this current roster just by adding jt?
He can spend money on JT and then spend money on others. Middleton wants to act like he’s a big boy in this city when in reality he’s not. He didn’t want to pay the luxury tax this year.

If he wants to win, he’s gonna have to put his big boy pants on. He’s a fraud until he proves he’s not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille