GDT: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens 1/5/16 7:00pm EST City, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
If we lose 2 out of next 3 games, MT must get fired. This is a decent team that is a just a couple pieces away from being the 'real thing'. If he can't manage a little bit of adversity then **** him.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If we lose 2 out of next 3 games, MT must get fired. This is a decent team that is a just a couple pieces away from being the 'real thing'. If he can't manage a little bit of adversity then **** him.

After last seasons disaster, and for this massive beat down to happen just 10 games after last season ended....Very concerning

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The crowd will be interesting tonight. Philly scores early and the team looks bad then look out :laugh:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
9-1-1 and quite honestly I still don't think this team is very good.

They have a decent center in Galchenyuk that teams are focusing on. Pleks and DD are weak centers. Mitchell is decent.

Defense can't transition the puck, constantly being hemmed in.

Even with Price tonight I predict another loss.

When will the DD experiment end?

Too soft. I thought Shaw and Weber were suppose to make us tougher?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You know what... the more last night's debacle settles in, the more fearful I am of tonight's game against the Flyers. Sure, Price might keep us in it, but there are reasons why the 10-0 happened, and I don't see the Habs' play and effort turning on a dime.

That Columbus game is a confidence killer, no matter how you view it. I dont' know if players should ignore it, laugh about it, analyze it... I just don't know.

I guess it's wait and see, but damn.

Many fans are saying it's a good thing we play another game right away. But we play Philly who we just beat last week in a back to back.....and Philly are gonna hit hard tonight.

That's an historic lost that we've witness, and now they get back at home right away and face the music again.
Not the perfect scenario.

But Price is so good.....still expect a loss.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Many fans are saying it's a good thing we play another game right away. But we play Philly who we just beat last week in a back to back.....and Philly are gonna hit hard tonight.

That's an historic lost that we've witness, and now they get back at home right away and face the music again.
Not the perfect scenario.

But Price is so good.....still expect a loss.

I agree, we witnessed a historic loss. A generational loss you see every 20 years...maybe. I am embarrassed tbh.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That was painful last night. I love how so many journos on twitter are all shrugging it off as just another loss. No, it was a historic loss. Something we haven't seen in our lifetime & not in 20 years in the NHL.

We'll see what kind of team we have tonight, and how the supposed leadership responds. I expect Price to keep us in the game. Don't know if the Habs will score though.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Every team has hot and cold streaks. After last night's epic monstrosity, I think this is the start of our little cold streak. The team's confidence is shot, their morales are low, but what do you expect from a team that got absolutely manhandled less than 24 hours ago. That said, Price is back between the pipes, and the game is at home, which should inspire the team to get their heads out of the gutters a little. I still predict a loss, but it'll be a much closer one, like 3-2.

chabsall

Nov 5, 2016
Montreal
Well, we kind of saw it coming a long way. After the steal from Price against Vancouver... But 10-0? Really? That's shameful... Let's see how these guys do tonight! I bet they'll win by 2, that's my prediction!

Les Habitants

Jul 21, 2010
Montreal
Addition by Subtraction: No DD

Patches Galchenyuk Radulov
Carr Plekanec Gallagher
Lehkonen Danualt Shaw
Flynn Mitchell Byron

How hard is that to do!!! No black hole!! Look MT!!! Maybe try these out MT you ****ing bum!!!
Losing my **** watching this MT run this team. If this were any other team there'd be no problem, neither of them would be employed but the little ****ing midget from Laurier Station, Quebec has to be on the roster cause he's a "gars de chez nous"

Ok I'm done.....

Habs win 3-1 with DD getting an empty net goal.......

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
We can't all blame last night on the Habs. No one was stopping the Jackets on the PP and they got at least 4 really cheesy goals. Also Bobrovsky had a pretty good game. Like I said, the Habs played badly. But 1-0 and 10-0 amounts to the same at the end of the day. Don't forget we are still 9-1-1 and best in the league.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
That was painful last night. I love how so many journos on twitter are all shrugging it off as just another loss. No, it was a historic loss. Something we haven't seen in our lifetime & not in 20 years in the NHL.

We'll see what kind of team we have tonight, and how the supposed leadership responds. I expect Price to keep us in the game. Don't know if the Habs will score though.

I think the point is that the team should shrug it off like just another loss.

If they panic and think it's like last year all over again they'll fall apart. We're still 9-1-1 and they need to move on from that loss right away or it'll be a turning point of our entire season only 11 games in.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
My lines,

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Radulov
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Danault

Beaulieu - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Markov - Pateryn

PP Units:
Radulov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Weber - Markov

Pacioretty - Shaw - Lehkonen
Petry - Beaulieu

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I predict that the Habs will lose. Losing 5-0 or 6-0 is one thing, but letting in a converted touchdown and a field goal in this league is inexcusable. They are regressing to the mean very quickly.

Last edited:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

It's one of those things I'm sort of glad happened though. It's a wake up call if I've ever seen one. This team was not putting in the effort the last few games. I bet they'll be extra motivated tonight.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Why not try Shaw at Centre?

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Shaw - Carr
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Markov - pateryn

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's one of those things I'm sort of glad happened though. It's a wake up call if I've ever seen one. This team was not putting in the effort the last few games. I bet they'll be extra motivated tonight.

A wake up call is losing 5-2. Losing 10-0 can affect any team. No supposed contender with the supposed addition of character players loses 10-0. It simply does not happen.

I thought the addition of Weber and Shaw was supposed to make this team grittier? They constantly get outhit and no one responds.

This team's softeness needs to be addressed. They showed no pride, no push back whatsoever last night.

Also, I don't give a **** that it was Price's night off....you don't embarrass one of your players by leaving him in net for a 10-0 loss. The coach, the leaders and every player on this team owes Montoya an apology.

I have been watching this team for well over 40 years and that was the worst game I ever saw from any Habs team from any era. Shameful.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Why not try Shaw at Centre?

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Shaw - Carr
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Markov - pateryn

The way the 4 million dollar man has been playing I would try him in the press box.

I do like the D pairings you recommend though.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Addition by Subtraction: No DD

Patches Galchenyuk Radulov
Carr Plekanec Gallagher
Lehkonen Danualt Shaw
Flynn Mitchell Byron

How hard is that to do!!! No black hole!! Look MT!!! Maybe try these out MT you ****ing bum!!!
Losing my **** watching this MT run this team. If this were any other team there'd be no problem, neither of them would be employed but the little ****ing midget from Laurier Station, Quebec has to be on the roster cause he's a "gars de chez nous"

Ok I'm done.....

Habs win 3-1 with DD getting an empty net goal.......

best post in months

:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad