Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins 1/21/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Biggest game of the season so far. I´m sure they will come out firing but we have seen that before vs the Flyers with poor results at the end. We are the better team though, I think we will finally exorcize those demons this year. Massive massive game, on so many accounts, you can hardly get a more important regular season game in January than this one.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Only the core + Kunitz left from the team's who have been embarrassed by the Flyers over the last few years. It will be interesting to see how or if the team's mental makeup has truly changed.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Today is National Penguin Awareness Day

Be aware

PenguinAwarenessDay.jpg

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Biggest game of the season so far. I´m sure they will come out firing but we have seen that before vs the Flyers with poor results at the end. We are the better team though, I think we will finally exorcize those demons this year. Massive massive game, on so many accounts, you can hardly get a more important regular season game in January than this one.

steelerzs

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
This team seriously cant shoot, how many shots a game either miss the net entirely, or hit the goalie right in the chest.

Oh wait they probably can they just all want to pass it across the ice to someone else.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Team just needs more production out of it's wingers.

Before Perron was dealt, they needed him and Phil to produce more.

Now, they still need Phil to do more and Hag's either helps Geno or Sid produce more or he himself starts putting pucks in nets.

Really need Beau back and healthy.
Sounds like that may be coming soon so thats good.

Horny is gonna do what he does and produce like he usually does and has been.
Kunitz picking up some goals has been great.
But they need more than that.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
Team just needs more production out of it's wingers.

Before Perron was dealt, they needed him and Phil to produce more.

Now, they still need Phil to do more and Hag's either helps Geno or Sid produce more or he himself starts putting pucks in nets.

Really need Beau back and healthy.
Sounds like that may be coming soon so thats good.

Horny is gonna do what he does and produce like he usually does and has been.
Kunitz picking up some goals has been great.
But they need more than that.

Ya it's called defense.

And a goalie not named Jeff Zatkoff.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Ya it's called defense.

And a goalie not named Jeff Zatkoff.
Kessel´s goal here and there would be nice too. It´s ridiculous at this point, really. He scored 2 goals before the Christmas against the depleted Columbus defense and an awful goalie named Korpisalo. Other than that, he has 1 goal in 20 games. 1 goal in 20 games :cry:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't believe it took this long for the first game of the season against the Flyers.. is that strange to anyone else?

Big time, weird that they would make the first game between the inter-state rivals in late January.

The only thing I am looking for in this game is to see if the Pens can show an effort for a full 60 mins, never being "out" of the game, how MAF holds up against them, how Sid & Geno do against their antics/pressure, and how the team does with being disciplined.

Let's see if they've learned anything.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not even watching. Mainly because I have a business plan due tomorrow, but also because watching it won't be worth my time.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Pizza Milanos is good. There's also Blue Line Grille (or whatever it's called nowadays), though I don't go to that one as much. Either way, you'll want to be wherever you go a couple hours before gametime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad