Post-Game Talk: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers Game 1 4/17/14

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, here's a stat. Girioux has played 5 games against the Rangers this season. He has 4 total shots including 0 in his last 3 and he has 0 G and 2 A. If this trend continues we're on our way to round 2.

Wolfy*

Anyone else impressed by Fast's maturity? He is sound defensively, looks very calm and comfortable with the puck, and finishes his checks. Not bad considering it was his first playoff game. Also congrats to him on his first NHL point!

Agreed, he looks good. And he keeps his stick on the ice, unlike a certain Akeson. A typical rookie mistake.

I'm glad Fast outplayed JT Miller, who would make me nervous.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone else impressed by Fast's maturity? He is sound defensively, looks very calm and comfortable with the puck, and finishes his checks. Not bad considering it was his first playoff game. Also congrats to him on his first NHL point!

Let's hope he continues this form, because I'm always afraid it fades away. His start is very promising.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

He impressed me in the short stint he had at the start of the year too.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Congrats! Not only do you have the best unis and best goalie, but giving up only 15 shots is unbelievable! :amazed: The Rangers will move on to the 2nd round. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Wolfy*

Congrats! Not only do you have the best unis and best goalie, but giving up only 15 shots is unbelievable! :amazed: The Rangers will move on to the 2nd round. :yo: :yo: :yo:

Thanks!

The Rangers are on a journey deep into the playoffs, led by Lundqvist and Zuccarello ;)

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Great win but the Flyers aren't going down without a fight.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
From Carpinello: "Lest you forget what a lack of depth looks like, the five Rangers on the ice for the series-winning goal for Boston last spring were Roman Hamrlik, Steve Eminger, Micheal Haley, Kris Newbury and Derek Dorsett, who was just back from a broken collarbone."

Look at those 5 players. Yuck.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
From Carpinello: "Lest you forget what a lack of depth looks like, the five Rangers on the ice for the series-winning goal for Boston last spring were Roman Hamrlik, Steve Eminger, Micheal Haley, Kris Newbury and Derek Dorsett, who was just back from a broken collarbone."

the horror...

tumblr_lkf6khPV6X1qiz3j8o1_400.gif

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Dayum I already forgot Hamrlik was a Ranger last season.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

Wow! We REALLY were stretched thin by that series.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It's not a shock to me that Richie looked like a different player as soon as the second season started, but damn, why can't you play a bit more like that all the time?

Not to be a wet blanket, but I thought Richards looks out-of-it in the second period. (i missed the first period). Then he really woke up on that power play. I am not expecting him to be more than a great power play guy and solid third liner. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys what was the longest we've gone giving up no more than 1 goal in a game? It's been 4 straight where we've given up 1 goal. I know this is an uber-jinx but it's been a while, 2 weeks. I know there were long breaks, but still pretty impressive.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Love those little tidbits by Carp. He's my favorite Rangers beat writer. Wish the Journal didn't spread him so thin. It's why he doesn't break many stories. But his analysis is great.

AHB*

Not to be a wet blanket, but I thought Richards looks out-of-it in the second period. (i missed the first period). Then he really woke up on that power play. I am not expecting him to be more than a great power play guy and solid third liner. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

He had a new set of legs. Certainly was a different player. Also threw the body a tad, which is a never ever for him.

Looked good, but hopefully he'll sustain that type of play.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Love those little tidbits by Carp. He's my favorite Rangers beat writer. Wish the Journal didn't spread him so thin. It's why he doesn't break many stories. But his analysis is great.

Agreed, it took me awhile to adjust to him after Weinman but I like him now. He's very interactive with his readers and will often provide some insight on the inner workings of the organization in the comments section. Stinks that the Journal can't send him to Philly for the road games.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
IMO looking back at the game, Stralman was the team's best defender in game 1.

To be successful you need to have mobile defenseman like McDonagh and Stralman.

His only flaw is his lack of ES and PP production, otherwise a near perfect defender.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad