OT: Philadelphia Eagles: That Time Philadelphia Fans Threw Snowballs At NFL Draft Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Not that he'll ever be much, but he was handled terribly from day one. He was never going to succeed as a pure EDGE.

I''m curious to see if he goes somewhere as an Odd ILB or if someone still thinks he can fit as a Predator.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The ILB experience ended after that missed assignment on Frank Gore in the SF game his rookie year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sadly, that was a pattern no matter where they put him. He didn't have the burst to be an EDGE or the hands and technique to put his hand on the ground. How many times did he try to fill the C gap on a run fit and get ridden completely out of the play because he couldn't engage in close with his hands? That was never going to work.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
For the maximum craziness scenario, Torrey Smith is only guaranteed 500k. That's probably enough space.

I would love to see him in Oakland.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Who cares, sign the man and cut Ryan Mathews, Jason Kelce and Mychal Kendricks.

Alshon on one side, Maclin and Smith platoon the other with Matthews in the slot.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
JMac has his wedding, Big Red attends, he skips the honeymoon to go to voluntary OTAs, and he's a June 1 cut. They didn't give the man a heads up?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I still don't really get this one. Given the QB situation I don't really think you can afford to get rid of a guy like Maclin there.

I'd imagine he's scooped up by someone else though.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Nothing new, but report out there 5 teams interested in Maclin and the Eagles are one of them

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We have something like 5 million in cap, and cutting Mathews gives us 4 more.

We actually have the cash to pay him...but why should we?

Unless we trade Jordan Matthews, what's even the point? Torrey Smith is more valuable to us than Maclin probably since he has burner potential, but Maclin doesn't. Alshon is a given. Matthews is a good slot guy, but needs a big contract soon and he isn't worth it. Maybe dump him if you can this offseason.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Maclin to the Ravens. Seems like it was down to the Eagles and Ravens and he chose the Ravens.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Gotta protect the franchise QB. Hoping for a big year. Already planning all the Sundays.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Gotta protect the franchise QB. Hoping for a big year. Already planning all the Sundays.

Just saw him a couple days ago. He absolutely can't wait for training camp and the upcoming season. Going to the KC game and hoping to get to one in Philly and see a Flyers game while I'm there.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Just saw him a couple days ago. He absolutely can't wait for training camp and the upcoming season. Going to the KC game and hoping to get to one in Philly and see a Flyers game while I'm there.

Jealous!

He should be really excited. I'm glad he isn't showing nerves. Now, he literally has every need taken care of for him to succeed. No excuses.

I'm hoping (and thinking) he KILLS it. That receiving corps + Blount + line = toys to play withhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad