OT: Philadelphia Eagles: That Time Philadelphia Fans Threw Snowballs At NFL Draft Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
How do ya'll feel about the prospects of winning the NFCE? Furthermore, winning a SB this year?

Btw I nearly spit my drink out when I saw the title. Good one!!

Last edited:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
the division is going to be tough & very interesting this year
I think the giants and cowboys are a clear step or two ahead of us...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Our WR's are overrated, we have Alshon and that's it. Oh and Dough Pederson.

Our WRs are good. Our weapons are good having a legit 1, a legit 2, and legit 3-slot guy. Also two TE's that can catch, and a RB in Blount.

Look positively!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Our WRs are good. Our weapons are good having a legit 1, a legit 2, and legit 3-slot guy. Also two TE's that can catch, and a RB in Blount.

Look positively!

Blount is trash.

Torrey Smith was the 2nd (or was it worst?) WR in the NFL last year according to PFF. Yeah, he had jabronis throwing him the ball but still I am hesitant to believe that he is more then a name at this point.

It will be nice to not have to rely on Matthews to be a #1 though.

And like MR28 said, Doug(h) Pederson.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
How do ya'll feel about the prospects of winning the NFCE? Furthermore, winning a SB this year?

Btw I nearly spit my drink out when I saw the title. Good one!!

Even if this team plays average next year I think they compete for the division. But, if they click on offense than I think the only team in the NFC that could put produce them will be Atlanta.

SB isn't a possibility, maybe in 2-3 years when the D is patched up.

This is all hoping Doug P. is not the terrible coach I think he is. I REALLY hope I'm wrong about him.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
What do you think of Easton Stick? Is he headed for the NFL? I watched a couple of his games the year Carson was injured and he looked very good.

As an aside, he should have chosen hockey as his sport. If he was any good he'd have free Easton gear for life.
No doubt he has the perfect hockey name.

Easton doesn't have the size or arm strength of Carson but he does have the smarts. Not sure he is NFL material or not but he does have 2 more years at NDSU so he still has time to grow and improve. Bison are in good shape behind center.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Blount is trash.

Torrey Smith was the 2nd (or was it worst?) WR in the NFL last year according to PFF. Yeah, he had jabronis throwing him the ball but still I am hesitant to believe that he is more then a name at this point.

It will be nice to not have to rely on Matthews to be a #1 though.

And like MR28 said, Doug(h) Pederson.

-What?

-You said it yourself: he had jabronis throwing to him in a jabroni offense.

- I'm glad you agree with me.

-We don't know what Peterson can do still. This is his make or break year.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I've got them at 6 or 7 W's no more than 8, they did nothing to fix the defense, and I'm skeptical that the WR's and Blount will make that big a difference on offense. On top of all that, their schedule is tough.

@Was L
@KC L
NYG W
@LAC W
Ari L
@Car L
Was W/L
SF W
Den L
@Dal L
Chi W
@Sea L
@LAR W
@NYG L
Oak L
Dal W/L

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
-What?

I hope you didn't mind the drop problems because that's a Smith hallmark as well. He's basically a fastball without much after the catch anymore, which has a value cap on it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
-What?

- I'm glad you agree with me.

-We don't know what Peterson can do still. This is his make or break year.

Blount is not good. Just because he scored 18 touchdowns last year doesn't mean that he is a good running back. He's a Duck, everyone here knows i'll defend Ducks any chance I get but he's not one that I will. He's an example of a name that people have heard of so they think that he's gonna be a great addition to the Eagles. In the end he's not paid anything so if he doesn't work out then it isn't a big deal but I do not believe he will be anything more than, to steal a baseball term, an "innings eater."

As JoJo said, drop problems and he's really just a burner and for the most part has always been a burner. That has taken a step back. He's a name to me at this point.

I get a "Dream Team" vibe with this team this year. Bring in a bunch of big name FA's (even if they're not getting paid that much as a whole) in Jeffrey, Smith, Long, and Blount. All players that have big names but aren't big time anymore. Jeffrey is the only one worth a damn to me and we'll see if he can stay on the field.

I hope that Pederson proves us all wrong but up to this point I have no reason to believe that he will. He made horrific decisions last year that were inexcusable even for a rookie head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad