OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I believe I had more farts during the second half vs. positive offensive plays for the Giants in that half

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
My favorite part of capitalism is that I go to war for my department and get home so mentally drained I can't find the energy to enjoy most nights. I missed the game. I probably would have turned it off early, judging by the reactions, anyway.

Reactions: JXC

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Antonio Brown, come on down !!

giphy.webp

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I had head phones on most the game given the game itself sucked & I didn’t feel like hearing the broadcast.

But Booger apparently called an RPO pre-snap on a third down play for the Eagles at one point with an empty backfield. :laugh:

I was looking away when he said that, so I was very surprised to look up at the TV to see nothing at all like what I'd just heard.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I fell asleep multiple times last night. I woke up to see tying drive, thought to myself, "I need to pee." Woke up at 2am, not having peed and being extremely confused. From what I saw, I was not impressed. Even if they make the playoffs, we will need a miracle to make any noise. It would be satisfying to keep Dallas out of the playoffs though. That's as good as it gets for us this season I think.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Guessing we see Marken Michel? Dude has some speed and could spread the field abit.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Just in case anyone thought the NFL was learning. They might get there by draft day at least.

So does this mean I have to start a #BurrowBandwagon for the Eagles?

As a scout how are you not impressed by what he has done this season? I know the fear of it being a one year wonder might be an issue. But doesn't he pretty much fit the mold of what you want at QB now?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So does this mean I have to start a #BurrowBandwagon for the Eagles?

As a scout how are you not impressed by what he has done this season? I know the fear of it being a one year wonder might be an issue. But doesn't he pretty much fit the mold of what you want at QB now?

I'll give you some of the knocks and tell you why I don't think they apply.

• He operates almost exclusively out of Shotgun now. This is true. It's also not a big deal anymore.
  • He operates from a clean pocket so often. Unless you're Blaine Gabbert and you simply can't handle pressure, it turns out this is the most stable way to grade QBs. Rating/Production/Grade under pressure is extremely volatile from year to year. This is what happened when Carson Palmer went nuclear in 2015. His clean pocket numbers were similar to his career and he went on a Pressured heater.
  • Doesn't have a big arm. Well, the ball's getting there accurately throughout deep progressions and on a proper count for timing routes. Why are we worrying about it?
  • They run too many RPOs. LSU runs a ton of Inside Zone and RPOs off of it. So do NFL teams now.
  • SPREAD QB!!!! Take a look at how often NFL teams run 11 personnel now. If you really want to slam a QB for running a Spread in 2019, at least take a look at what LSU does and realize that they have some strong West Coast tendencies like Slants and Crosses high up in the progression out of 11. This isn't a Mike Leach offense.
  • He was mediocre in 2018. Yep, he was. But he was specifically spectacular and terrible in spurts in a horrendously-designed scheme. Like Jacob Eason this year, you can look at the high-end plays and think that if someone can get his mindset straight, he's a monster. That happened to occur before Burrow was drafted. This is what it looks like.
This is one area where PFF's breakdowns are something I find super helpful. To succeed at a high level in this league, you need to be able to make plays outside the structure of the offense.

PFF said:
Burrow is one of few collegiate quarterbacks to pass that with flying colors. When Burrow has been forced outside of the pocket (non-designed rollouts and scrambles), he is, once again, the nation's highest-graded quarterback and has an accurate-pass rate 13% higher than second place.

How Joe Burrow and the LSU offense went from unknown to unstoppable | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

13% higher than 2nd place in the country! The whole article is great and meticulously researched.

IIRC he's still got the highest Adjusted Completion % for a single season in PFF's database. That doesn't go back to Luck to be clear.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

• He operates almost exclusively out of Shotgun now. This is true. It's also not a big deal anymore.
  • He operates from a clean pocket so often. Unless you're Blaine Gabbert and you simply can't handle pressure, it turns out this is the most stable way to grade QBs. Rating/Production/Grade under pressure is extremely volatile from year to year. This is what happened when Carson Palmer went nuclear in 2015. His clean pocket numbers were similar to his career and he went on a Pressured heater.
  • Doesn't have a big arm. Well, the ball's getting there accurately throughout deep progressions and on a proper count for timing routes. Why are we worrying about it?
  • They run too many RPOs. LSU runs a ton of Inside Zone and RPOs off of it. So do NFL teams now.
  • SPREAD QB!!!! Take a look at how often NFL teams run 11 personnel now. If you really want to slam a QB for running a Spread in 2019, at least take a look at what LSU does and realize that they have some strong West Coast tendencies like Slants and Crosses high up in the progression out of 11. This isn't a Mike Leach offense.
  • He was mediocre in 2018. Yep, he was. But he was specifically spectacular and terrible in spurts in a horrendously-designed scheme. Like Jacob Eason this year, you can look at the high-end plays and think that if someone can get his mindset straight, he's a monster. That happened to occur before Burrow was drafted. This is what it looks like.
This is one area where PFF's breakdowns are something I find super helpful. To succeed at a high level in this league, you need to be able to make plays outside the structure of the offense.

How Joe Burrow and the LSU offense went from unknown to unstoppable | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

13% higher than 2nd place in the country! The whole article is great and meticulously researched.

IIRC he's still got the highest Adjusted Completion % for a single season in PFF's database. That doesn't go back to Luck to be clear.

It's brutal that he is going to Cincinnati. The alternatives are even worse. The number of times this has happened - a player I like going somewhere I don't like - makes for some sad membering.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Sounds like some scouts are still in the dinosaur age. Reminds me of Beet Farmer.

I wasn't sold on him at the beginning of the year. But I think he can be a solid starter in the NFL.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I fell asleep multiple times last night. I woke up to see tying drive, thought to myself, "I need to pee." Woke up at 2am, not having peed and being extremely confused. From what I saw, I was not impressed. Even if they make the playoffs, we will need a miracle to make any noise. It would be satisfying to keep Dallas out of the playoffs though. That's as good as it gets for us this season I think.
The most optimistic timeline sees Wentz go off against these bottomfeeders (including Dallas) to end the season, leads us to the playoffs and then actually plays well enough against a competitve team to restore his confidence and bring back some belief that an elite talent is still there potentially.

~20% likelihood of it happening in my estimation but Im here for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad