OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
My favorite pick from that draft was Jones. Such an underwhelming class for us and it was obvious that night.
athleticism was a question before the injury...but I don't think he looked this clueless at UW..maybe could have been a safety to salvage the pick. Such a disappointment.

Reactions: JXC

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
With how medicine is in this age, I'm all for drafting players that fall due to injuries. But with Jones I had a little more hesitation, he had probably the worst possible injury a CB could have outside of an amputation. Now, he could have failed because he didn't posses NFL caliber CB skills, but no way that injury didn't play a part in him busting.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Howie won a Super Bowl, I'd give him a bad year if I actually cared. Which I don't.

I think Pederson needs a lot of blame as well, but I think mostly we need new coordinators, 3 WRs and 2 CBs.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
There were major questions as to whether Sidney Jones was athletic enough to translate to the NFL before the injury. That pick was indefensible.

I think this is unfair, even though obviously the pick turned out bad. Jones before the injury was pretty much a consensus Top 15 pick. Definitely worth rolling the dice, IMO.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think this is unfair, even though obviously the pick turned out bad. Jones before the injury was pretty much a consensus Top 15 pick. Definitely worth rolling the dice, IMO.

As I've been explaining since god damn draft day, no he was not a consensus Top 15 pick outside of completely irrelevant, way behind the curve, Mel Kiper types.

Sorry, this has become my pet peeve. He was falling way down and even out of the first in many mocks by the end of October/early November.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
As I've been explaining since god damn draft day, no he was not a consensus Top 15 pick outside of completely irrelevant, way behind the curve Mel Kiper types.

Sorry, this has become my pet peeve. He was falling out of the first in many mocks by the end of October/early November.

Well if you discredit some experts, then yeah it doesn't seem like it happened in your mind sure. It appears you were correct in your assessment, but it wasn't an "out of nowhere" thought to take Jones in early rounds it seems.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well if you discredit some experts, then yeah it doesn't seem like it happened in your mind sure. It appears you were correct in your assessment, but it wasn't an "out of nowhere" thought to take Jones in early rounds it seems.

Mel Kiper is a joke and an expert on absolutely nothing.

There are people that do this for a living and take it seriously. The one guy on the god damn planet who is respected for their views who still had Jones as anywhere near that on draft day was Mike Mayock, who had him at CB1 above Lattimore. One guy among dozens and dozens. You're uninformed.

Hell, he was behind Teez Tabor in most mocks in November.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Mel Kiper is a joke and an expert on absolutely nothing.

There are people that do this for a living and take it seriously. The one guy on the god damn planet who is respected for their views who still had Jones as anywhere near that on draft day was Mike Mayock, who had him at CB1 above Lattimore. One guy among dozens and dozens. You're uninformed.

Agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad