OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Mel Kiper is a joke and an expert on absolutely nothing.

There are people that do this for a living and take it seriously. The one guy on the god damn planet who is respected for their views who still had Jones as anywhere near that on draft day was Mike Mayock, who had him at CB1 above Lattimore. One guy among dozens and dozens. You're uninformed.

I'm still waiting for him to follow through on his word about retiring due to his Jimmy Clausen take.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
I'm buying my Christmas tree here!! Hhahaha

Attachments

• IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
omg a team drafted a bust in the 2nd round. Lets not stop talking about it forever.

The nfl draft is a crapshoot.
I know we all bitch about the Eagles draft track record, but I want to know how it compares to other teams. It would be hard to do, probably would have to use snap counts or something. I bet the average draft is something like 1-2 starters and 1-2 backups. The rest are out of the league or on practice squads.

Reactions: tucson83 and Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I know we all ***** about the Eagles draft track record, but I want to know how it compares to other teams. It would be hard to do, probably would have to use snap counts or something. I bet the average draft is something like 1-2 starters and 1-2 backups. The rest are out of the league or on practice squads.

there really isn't a team with any sustained success in drafting, and the teams that have had the most success Pittsburgh and Bmore have had a similar approach in play for a long time. One thing I do like about the Eagles approach since the Reid era aka THe golden age of Eagles Football is the focus on oline and dline. It was a breath of fresh air to see mcnabb drop back and not get sacked immediately like when Randall was QB.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I know we all ***** about the Eagles draft track record, but I want to know how it compares to other teams. It would be hard to do, probably would have to use snap counts or something. I bet the average draft is something like 1-2 starters and 1-2 backups. The rest are out of the league or on practice squads.

This is an area where using PFF grades would be perfect, as it accounts for quality of play. Even if you don't agree with Player X or Y's grades, on the whole, it's going to give you a much better broad view than anything else.

I believe this is the most recent publication of that approach, from 2017: Ranking all 32 NFL teams' five-year success by draft class | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

omg a team drafted a bust in the 2nd round. Lets not stop talking about it forever.

The nfl draft is a crapshoot.

Because people keep pushing the completely wrong idea of what he was on draft day. It has nothing to do with whether he busted or not.

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017

IMO the key is finding guys in later rounds that will contribute. People get caught up with first rounds busts too much.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
there really isn't a team with any sustained success in drafting, and the teams that have had the most success Pittsburgh and Bmore have had a similar approach in play for a long time. One thing I do like about the Eagles approach since the Reid era aka THe golden age of Eagles Football is the focus on oline and dline. It was a breath of fresh air to see mcnabb drop back and not get sacked immediately like when Randall was QB.

it's pretty much a scheme focus sport more than a talented sport, i mean look at the browns with all that talent and still cant win, it doesnt matter how much talent you have, it's all about the scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad