I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alex Smith 2.0. with a slighter upside.

tumblr_lx4r9clqEY1r7ms4po1_250.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
La'el Collins might not even be drafted now. Talk about some bad timing.

he was the guy i wanted at 20. He still has time to have his named clear. But i must say if the eagles do draft him in the 4th round or so you really have to hand it to Chip Kelly. he will literally do anything to get the guys he want. :sarcasm:

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I can't wait to see the look on your faces when Mariota goes 1st to Tampa

In all seriousness, if we trade Cox I'll lose my ****.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Cox is a good player, but he isn't JJ Watt. I'd gladly include Cox for Mariota. Even if Mariota busts, it is worth the risk. For all those that are against the Mariota deal (or against adding in "too much"), what is your plan for the QB for the foreseeable future? Are they winning a SB with Bradford (or would they have with Foles)? Are they going to draft a QB in the later rounds and get a sleeper? Are they using a future a first to get that franchise QB? It is entirely possible that Mariota IS NOT a franchise QB, but I think we know that what we have and what the other options are are not franchise QBs either.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Cox is the player that is going to have to be traded if a deal is to be made. He's the one with the most value and what can put the Eagles offer over the top. Right or wrong, if the Eagles are going to get Mariota Cox will be part of the package. Everyone on the radio and the internet are saying how they should just offer a 2017 1st instead of Cox. Well duh, but that's not going to get a deal done.

He's a damn good player, I believe he was the #4 ranked 3-4 lineman by PFF last year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
he was the guy i wanted at 20. He still has time to have his named clear. But i must say if the eagles do draft him in the 4th round or so you really have to hand it to Chip Kelly. he will literally do anything to get the guys he want. :sarcasm:
He's not getting interviewed until after the draft.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
He's not getting interviewed until after the draft.

Guy is a stone cold idiot. Have fun costing yourself millions of dollars. His attorney and agent might be even bigger idiots though. Unless of course he is guilty of something but, even then, getting drafted doesn't mean you get paid.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looks like they're going to start bidding against themselves when it comes to the #2 pick. However, the #2 pick will cost a lot regardless so I don't see a complete overpayment due to pressure. Now if Mariota falls I imagine other teams interest ramps up because the price will drop somewhat.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

True or a last ditch effort to see how desperate Chipper is? I'll take the latter.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
titans doing exactly as they should in leaking that kinda stuff if they want to drive the value up
all dis talk tho...

prongers.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Holy ****. It's so obvious. I guess someone in Tennessee's war room sent a mass text. These guys are puppets.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It sure seems like for every new "Eagles trade up for Mariota" rumor comes up, we get 2 "Tennessee will just draft Mariota" reports.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
of the 30 teams in the nfl Mariotta has no shot at becoming anything other than a bust with 29 teams, and he has a 80 percent chance at the HOF with the eagles. I say let him bust next year then pick him up cheaply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad