OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Well That Just Happened...

Fire Howie?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I hate this pick as much as the next guy, but there could be more to it. Maybe Carson has bigger health issues? Maybe the team (read: the players) don't like him or something? Idk trying to rationalize this
Much easier to just call it what it is... dumb. NFL execs aren't above thinking they're the smartest guys in the room.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I had to laugh but now I feel sad that I understand this reference..

Also stop hating. No Boots refresher has always been the go-to build. Who needs BKB or Blink if you catch all 5 in your first hole only to have another one available afterwards (too bad about the lack of mana but still)...

I legit had someone do that in a game the other day. It lost us the game.

Reactions: JoemAvs

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Then Why give him 130 mill dollars ?

They are buffoons, it’s very simple.
I hate this pick as much as the next guy, but there could be more to it. Maybe Carson has bigger health issues? Maybe the team (read: the players) don't like him or something? Idk trying to rationalize this

Then you trade him for a boatload of picks and pick a real young QB (maybe a Love) and sign Newton for a year or two. Pretty simple... this makes no sense anyway anyone can look at it. Disturbing is the word. Like someone mentioned Roseman or Pederson someone who knows nothing about drafting young players is thinking they know more than everyone else. This makes me even more worried about the Reagor pick (could be same situation).

Only thing that may make any sense is if they think he can play wideout. Thats it. But you have real good wideouts still available so even that theory is ridiculous

Reactions: bennysflyers16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

There’s probably some level of concern with Wentz & wanting security. But I think the Taysom Hill factor & just falling in love with Hurts the person is honestly more prevalent in the selection.

Like honestly if you’re a team that drafts a lot & has a good development system in place it’s not crazy to take a development QB even if you don’t really have much use for them. As you could flip them at later date possibly for better draft capital. New England would do it for example as would Andy Reid.

But that’s obviously not the case with the Eagles & this pick. They don’t have that luxury to make that pick there with so many needs & their poor draft history as of late.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah I have gone from being completely pissed off to just enjoying the chaos and laughing at my team.
Can't wait for that shitshow to start.

For that press conference alone I will set the over/under for them mentioning Taysom Hill at 3...

I'll take the under if you're referencing Doug and Howie. I'm not sure that they can mention other team's players by name.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad