OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Week One 2020 Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
So what's the damage for everyone in fantasy Week 1?

I'm up by 1. Hot pot appointment ditching friend only has Pitt D/ST. I got Cap's not favorite slob and Fant left.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona

I'm up by 1. Hot pot appointment ditching friend only has Pitt D/ST. I got Cap's not favorite slob and Fant left.
MT shit the bed on me. I'm up 13 going into tomorrow night. I have AJ Brown, he has Fant+Steelers+McManus. Gonna lose if Brown doesn't have a good game.

Reactions: Chinatown88

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016

I faced devonte adams and it is a PPR league so I'm pretty f***ed for week 1. Didn't help me that my receivers Godwin, kupp, and desean all did practically dick nothing yesterday either.

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
People really wanted them to run the clock in the 2nd quarter?

As I said to someone via PM yesterday, people were calling Doug a fraud because he wouldn't run the ball at Haltime of Week 11 @ Dallas in 2017 with them 8-1 and clearly one of the two best teams in the league. You have to ignore them or it will drive you nuts.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
As I said to someone via PM yesterday, people were calling Doug a fraud because he wouldn't run the ball at Haltime of Week 11 @ Dallas in 2017 with them 8-1 and clearly one of the two best teams in the league. You have to ignore them or it will drive you nuts.
Philly Fans: Why are the Flyers sitting back with a 3-0 lead?

Also Philly Fans: Why is Doug throwing the ball in the 2nd quarter with a 17-0 lead?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I wanted a combo of runs & quick passes in the 2nd half, yes.

Anything to stop Wentz from inevitably getting crushed in 7-step drops when we couldn't stop the pass rushers.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I overreacted on my blame for Pederson in the moment. Wentz needed to be better and the oline really didn’t have a chance. It’s a shame they couldn’t pull through with that start but on to the next week. They need to disguise the screens better against the rams if the line in still injured. Or they will be eaten alive again. And some quick screens to our wideouts who are twitchy and quick.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
51 drop-backs, 16 runs

How the hell did we have this game laid out this way?

That's maddening.

I'm upset with Doug, Carson, O-Line...everyone...but mostly Doug right now for this. I don't lame Doug for "going for it" on 4th because that's just how Doug coaches (aggressively) - the Doug giveth, the Doug taketh.

But Doug signing off on 51 drop-backs knowing that the worst matchup will be your O-Line vs. their D-line...my lord.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
They averaged 3 yards per carry. The OLine/DLine margin just doesn't disappear when you decide to run the ball.

It stops your QB from getting crushed, reduces INT opportunities, and gives the O-Line a break from fending off pass rushers from killing your QB.

I don't care if they went 3-and-out repeatedly once they were up 17-0. The Skins offense is BAD...but giving them the ball with short yardage on turnovers due to pressure was just bad.

A lot of that is on Doug and a ton is on Carson for not knowing how to get rid of the ball. However, the pass to run ratio is absurd for what the situation was.

Reactions: HEX

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't care if they went 3-and-out repeatedly once they were up 17-0. The Skins offense is BAD...but giving them the ball with short yardage on turnovers due to pressure was just bad.

A lot of that is on Doug and a ton is on Carson for not knowing how to get rid of the ball. However, the pass to run ratio is absurd for what the situation was.

I want to write a real reply, but you can't make statements like this and expect people to take you seriously.

If you take away the garbage time 13 yard Draw from Boston Scott on 3rd and 15 on the first possession of the 2nd Half, they Rushed 18 times for 44 Yards. You would have gotten your wish, that's for sure. :laugh:

There was plenty wrong with almosy every aspect of the offense yesterday. We don't need to do this every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad