OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Three Picks And A Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007

The amount of bull**** spit out during that presser is ridiculous.

Also talked about how it was weird since he was moving to Cleveland anyway. About how he has dreamed about living in Cleveland since he was young...

I mean, c'mon, we're really supposed to believe any of this nonsense?!? Nobody dreams about living in Cleveland, that's just a fact!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Also talked about how it was weird since he was moving to Cleveland anyway. About how he has dreamed about living in Cleveland since he was young...

I mean, c'mon, we're really supposed to believe any of this nonsense?!? Nobody dreams about living in Cleveland, that's just a fact!

Well, if you grew up in Akron . . .

• Haha
Reactions: Flybynite

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Dean could actually make it out of Round 1.

Hard market for grossly undersized LBs who can't play safety (box safeties are passe these days).
Best fit might be ILB for a two gap DL where he can be kept clean to flow to the ball.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@flyershockey

This feels hot takey, but I think Cine might be the second Georgia guy off the board.

I also don't really get the way Wyatt and Davis are being framed. I like them both closer to the Center in the pros, but I keep seeing Wyatt viewed as a pure 3 Tech.

Walker's rep is interesting to me too. His run defense is some of the best I can recall at 5 Tech, but he still has no idea what he's doing as a pass rusher. Top 10 consideration seems kinda crazy to me for a pure athletic projection in the pass game.

Last edited:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
@flyershockey

This feels hot takey, but I think Cine might be the second Georgia guy off the board.

I also don't really get the way Wyatt and Davis are being framed. I like them both closer to the Center in the pros, but I keep seeing Wyatt viewed as a pure 3 Tech.

Walker's rep is interesting to me too. His run defense is some of the best I can recall at 5 Tech, but he still has no idea what he's doing as a pass rusher. Top 10 consideration seems kinda crazy to me for a pure athletic projection in the pass game.
Because others drop or he shoots up late? One of the few scheme casualties of that defense honestly. Kirby was content on match quarters and the front 7 controlling everything. So Cine really didn't get to show out, but his athleticism is obviously off the charts.

Yeah, I'm not sure on Wyatt either. At 315, he can definitely hold up inside. Davis is a wild card to me. I really don't know what his role looks like at the next level. If anything his combine testing actually clouds it further. I think teams were so willing to typecast him into that nose role, but he tested well enough that a 3 tech is not at all out of the question.

RAS graded Walker higher that M. Garrett. I think it's just a matter of time for him in pass rush. He's still raw and needs a staff that's willing to let him develop that part of his game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Because others drop or he shoots up late? One of the few scheme casualties of that defense honestly. Kirby was content on match quarters and the front 7 controlling everything. So Cine really didn't get to show out, but his athleticism is obviously off the charts.

Yeah, I'm not sure on Wyatt either. At 315, he can definitely hold up inside. Davis is a wild card to me. I really don't know what his role looks like at the next level. If anything his combine testing actually clouds it further. I think teams were so willing to typecast him into that nose role, but he tested well enough that a 3 tech is not at all out of the question.

RAS graded Walker higher that M. Garrett. I think it's just a matter of time for him in pass rush. He's still raw and needs a staff that's willing to let him develop that part of his game.

I'm thinking Cine is a guy the league will like more than the draft community. He's just such a good tackler. The league eats those guys up and it's not like you get many chances to have that with the athleticism and instincts combo. Is there a defense that doesn't fit him? So many of the other options in the 15+ range are going to be poor fits for some.

Walker's hits are full-on jackpots. I agree with you completely on that. Maybe I just don't know enough of the technicalities of DL play to be willing to project with that early of a 1st. I thought Rashaan Gary shouldn't go top 10 for a lot of the same reasons. I still love him, but my gut feeling is that he's got to kick inside or come off the field on passing downs right now. Does it stay that way for one year? Two? I'm not qualified to make that kind of distinction.

Of course Hutchinson is the clear favorite to go 1st and that seems nutty to me, so maybe my EDGE tastes are just behind the league's right now.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm thinking Cine is a guy the league will like more than the draft community. He's just such a good tackler. The league eats those guys up and it's not like you get many chances to have that with the athleticism and instincts combo. Is there a defense that doesn't fit him? So many of the other options in the 15+ range are going to be poor fits for some.

Walker's hits are full-on jackpots. I agree with you completely on that. Maybe I just don't know enough of the technicalities of DL play to be willing to project with that early of a 1st. I thought Rashaan Gary shouldn't go top 10 for a lot of the same reasons. I still love him, but my gut feeling is that he's got to kick inside or come off the field on passing downs right now. Does it stay that way for one year? Two? I'm not qualified to make that kind of distinction.

Of course Hutchinson is the clear favorite to go 1st and that seems nutty to me, so maybe my EDGE tastes are just behind the league's right now.

Speaking of tackling in space, that's part of the reason I don't see Dean dropping as much. I think that outweighs the size concerns. But again, I get that he's off the table for certain teams/schemes.

I don't get Hutchinson either. There's a lot of shallow production there. He was non-existent in the CFP.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't get Hutchinson either. There's a lot of shallow production there. He was non-existent in the CFP.

Hutchinson doesn't bend. Yes, he's going to be able to counter to the inside. I like the long arm. He's super quick. But watch the reps when he wins to the outside. He gets by guys when his hands create clean releases. He's not cornering at all. Can you do that consistently enough in the NFL to be a top-end pass rusher?

I was moving him up in the 2nd half too because once he stopped doing that weird false step out of a 2 point stance, he became so much more consistent. The floor is super high to me, but I question the ceiling. Just feels like we've gone too far.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Of the linebackers left, I thought White was one of the safest they could sign. Hes good in coverage and a solid tackler. He immediately becomes the best linebacker on the team which isn’t saying much but he will definitely be a big improvement compared to the trash we’ve trotted out there the last few years. Good low risk signing imo

Reactions: Flyer lurker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad