OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Three Picks And A Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Think I’m pulling for the Rams. Stafford was a good trooper in a bad situation in Detroit for a while. I have nothing against him

I can see Burrows being the face of the NFL in a few years so I don’t get the underdog story. It was a weird year in the NFL

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This year has shown the pendulum is swinging back to defense, not that anyone is going to shut down a top offense, but if you take away the big play and make some stops, you can beat anyone. Defenses took away top players, forcing secondary skill players to come up big or go home.

Garoppolo really sucked and SF still should have won it, b/c Stafford showed a strong arm isn't enough, he made some bonehead throws but got really lucky.
Mahomes looked like vintage Hurts with his 360 in the pocket. So he's human.
Burrows is smart and accurate, but I don't see the big arm.

What did stand out to me was the value of players who can make plays underneath, especially guys who can get RAC on those slants and dump offs.
As defenses get lighter and faster in the back seven, guys who can break tackles and power runners will have more value.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Daboll starting off his PC by saying that his offensive philosophy will depend on the players...

swoon-lust.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm rooting for Burrow and the Bengals. After they came back and won against KC, I was hoping SF would win and we'd get a matchup that the NFL probably didn't want.

Plus, f*** Kroenke (yes, I'm aware he owns the Avalanche...he's a good hockey owner in that he stays out of the way and just signs the checks, but f*** him)

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Pederson isn't really that highly thought of around the league it seems. think he's gotta take whatever job is offered to him at this point.

he also has a lot of connections to Louisiana so he may really want this job.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Meh. The Rams are a special case. It may seem at it's face that they're going all in but they just prefer proven assets to first round picks. It's an organizational philosophy. They have the core and have been able to add premier talent to it by leveraging those picks.

They've also been able to hit on players outside of the first round to fill holes and have depth fairly well.

You have the Goff trade in 2016. Snead was there but McVay was not there yet. Would they have still done it if Sean was there? Hard to say.
The Brandin Cooks trade was not one that I was ever fond of but it is what it is.
The trade back after the Super Bowl loss from pick #31 into the 40's and a 3rd round pick counts as trading their first round pick but does it really?
Trading two firsts for Jalen Ramsey? I would say that was a win. Something that Howie was gunshy about.
Trading two firsts to get rid of Jared Goff and bring in Matt Stafford? I would say that's a win.

If they weren't hitting on their other picks it would be a different conversation but that wouldn't change my thoughts on the process itself. When it's an organizational philosophy that devalues, for the most part, late first round picks it's not going all in to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad