OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Three Picks And A Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Posting because this likely reflects some of what he is hearing from his scouting buddies.

edit- posted wrong link

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
My poor boy.

tenor.gif

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Alright Georgia homers- what percentage chance do you give Quay Walker to be the best of the OBLB trio? I wasn't expecting to like him, but the little I saw I really liked. Admittedly it was pretty much all run and chase scenarios and I have no idea what he's like in coverage, but he's got that Jamin Davis/Tremaine Edmunds thing going on. He's just so big and athletic and swallows up ball carriers and it'd be a nice to add one of those to compliment the smaller LBs on the team.

PFF has him well behind in grades and slightly behind Tindall (and obviously well behind Dean) in the draft pecking order.

Hopefully he goes to a team with a good playcaller and QB. He's so damn small, it's just not going to work in every offense.
Echo what Jojo has said here on Walker. He wasn't asked to drop in coverage a whole lot, but did pretty well when asked to do so. He's long and tackles well in space even against slot receivers, which NFL teams will love. I wouldn't doubt that all three become really good NFL players. Dean's the closest to a finished product, obviously, but Walker and Tindall both have upside still left to tap into as they get more snaps/play in situations they weren't asked to do under Kirby/Schumann.

No doubt on Robinson. Watch him go to the Chiefs and light it up.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Forget which of those guys you do/don't like. Every one of them is a hit. Burks needs more meaningful development than basically every other WR in the Round 1 consideration, but literally every source I can find on similarities says we're overselling the risks involved here relative to other options.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

He just does not know when to let go. I'm sure the structure is optimal because they almost always nail those things, but the guarantee is over most full contract projections for him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

He just does not know when to let go. I'm sure the structure is optimal because they almost always nail those things, but the guarantee is over most full contract projections for him.

$7M a year for Barnett is pretty reasonable.
He's a marginal starter, but a top 3rd DE in a rotation.
Given that solid starters get $12-15M a year at DE, that's not a bad price for a two year stopgap.
Graham is probably gone next year, and any draft pick will probably not nail down a starting job until next season.

Sweat - Graham - Barnett - Rookie - Jackson
Sweat - 2nd year - Barnett - Jackson - Rookie

This allows Williams to focus on playing inside, he lacks the length for 3-4 DE, and the outside burst for 4-3 DE on a regular basis.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
$7M a year for Barnett is pretty reasonable.
He's a marginal starter, but a top 3rd DE in a rotation.
Given that solid starters get $12-15M a year at DE, that's not a bad price for a two year stopgap.
Graham is probably gone next year, and any draft pick will probably not nail down a starting job until next season.

Sweat - Graham - Barnett - Rookie - Jackson
Sweat - 2nd year - Barnett - Jackson - Rookie

This allows Williams to focus on playing inside, he lacks the length for 3-4 DE, and the outside burst for 4-3 DE on a regular basis.

He's a fine rotational piece. He's not a "top" anything. I think you got a little hyperbolic on that one.

Williams already played most of his snaps inside by the end of the year and that was without Graham. They have bodies.

The problem as always with these guys is in how they're used. If you think you're going to contend and you want to come in waves on the DL, a signing like this makes a ton of sense. I don't buy that's where they are at all. Now he's still in his mid 20s, so you could argue he would be ready to be that guy if you ever get a QB and this is prep work. That would at least make sense.

*Edit*

That makes much more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad