Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
giphy.webp

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A+ number, Howard. I have no idea why Sweat didn’t test the market.

Extremely happy they did this before Barnett.

Sweat is an interesting case, while he's recovered from his severe knee injury, I suspect many NFL doctors would still discount his long-term prospects because those kind of injuries tend to lead to issues down the road.

Which probably explains the deal, Eagles figure he's a good bet to hold up for three years, Sweat's agent figures he's one hit from his career being over - so he's set for life and if he holds up, he can get another deal at 28.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
How can you hate the Mets? A franchise more deeply mired in mediocrity than the Phillies!
True, but you know what they say- “familiarity breeds contempt”. And the Phillies and Mets have played a lot of games against each other in my lifetime (which is basically the Mets lifetime).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Howie lost his way after the SB, but this is the "real" Howie, hustling for marginal improvements, finding hidden gems late in the draft and on the waiver wire, in the underdog role. Success went to his head, but he seems to have been humbled and regained his edge.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Both Mailata and Sweat have a lot to prove, but those are the types of guys you should take in the middle to the late part of the draft with every single pick. Swing for the fences with physical freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad