Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I was looking at some numbers the other day and he had one of the highest sack rates and one of the lowest pressure rates. :dunno:

PFF has him at a 17.7% Pass Rush Win Rate, which is pretty damn good for someone who isn’t going in Round 1. He’s mature in his rush moves already, which is both a positive and a negative depending on how much growth you want to forecast. He’s been one of my two later EDGE targets all season, but he may now go too high for my tastes. The comp that makes sense to me is Alonzo Highsmith as a prospect. You’re looking for the reliable 6 Sack guy, not the fluky 14 Sack Highsmith.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
PFF has him at a 17.7% Pass Rush Win Rate, which is pretty damn good for someone who isn’t going in Round 1. He’s mature in his rush moves already, which is both a positive and a negative depending on how much growth you want to forecast. He’s been one of my two later EDGE targets all season, but he may now go too high for my tastes. The comp that makes sense to me is Alonzo Highsmith as a prospect. You’re looking for the reliable 6 Sack guy, not the fluky 14 Sack Highsmith.
I think I was looking through the SIS stats. Difference in a subjective stat I guess.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think I was looking through the SIS stats. Difference in a subjective stat I guess.

I trust none of them tbh. I group them by grade-based and tracking-based and try to combine everything that fits into each bucket. Teams that gap and a half often will be terrible in tracking bases for example.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@Chinatown88 You can't change who you are. The closer I get to draft day, the more I just want to take the biggest swing possible. I want Mims.

everyone(those i looked at) have the Bucs taking Chop...good pick?

Would be fine. He's in a mess of guys where I'd rather trade down and take the one left, but it's not a bad pick or anything.

Reactions: trostol

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Chinatown88 You can't change who you are. The closer I get to draft day, the more I just want to take the biggest swing possible. I want Mims.

Would be fine. He's in a mess of guys where I'd rather trade down and take the one left, but it's not a bad pick or anything.

Edit: Also I would've predicted Mims if I knew he was gonna declare no matter what.

• Haha

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The story is excellent and worth a read, but I wanted to pull this part out.

Not since Paul Brown in the 1960s had such a revolutionary head coach been available. Owners and executives, even on teams that didn't have openings, discussed hiring Belichick. Among them were the Eagles, who were coming off a disappointing finish one year after a narrow Super Bowl loss. Owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manger Howie Roseman, both Belichick fans, still strongly believed in their current head coach, Nick Sirianni, who over a stretch went 26-5. But Lurie thought it was worth asking a confidant of his about Belichick. A source close to Belichick said the coach would have been interested.

Roseman told ESPN he had a conversation with Belichick, a check-in to see how the coach was doing after he was out in New England. A source close to Belichick confirmed there was no talk during the call about working for the Eagles.

Still, there was chatter in league circles that Philadelphia and Belichick could be a match. Despite some owners and executives believing the game had passed Belichick by, the Eagles felt he still had his fastball; he had nearly beaten them in the 2023 season opener with an inferior team. There's also a belief that Belichick will coach only until he gets 15 more wins, enough to pass Don Shula as the winningest coach in NFL history. Though not seriously considering a move, Lurie wondered to a confidant: Was it worth overhauling the building, changing personnel and philosophies on everything from training staff to salary cap structure, for someone who might coach only two years?

"You'll have to start over again," said a source with firsthand knowledge of the Eagles' thinking. "Who would replace him? He hasn't had a good record of developing coaches. They were afraid that he'll have changed everything and every person, and [then] you'll be starting from scratch again. He didn't demand those changes, but they felt like, if we hire him, we have to give everything to him and trust how he does it."

I'm sure there was chatter. I'm sure there is respect. There should be. I don't buy for a second that Howie signs off on a guy he's going to have to fight for control. That's not how this org works. I think that's correct btw. I'm not ripping him.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

I'm sure there was chatter. I'm sure there is respect. There should be. I don't buy for a second that Howie signs off on a guy he's going to have to fight for control. That's not how this org works. I think that's correct btw. I'm not ripping him.
Go home, Jojo, you're drunk. :D

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Philadelphia Eagles
1 (22). Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 (50). Junior Colson, LB, Michigan
2 (53). Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
4 (120). Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
5 (161). Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson
5 (171). M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh
5 (172). Gottlieb Ayedze, G, Maryland
6 (210). Ryan Flournoy, WR, SE Missouri State

• Love

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Philadelphia Eagles
1 (22). Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 (50). Junior Colson, LB, Michigan
2 (53). Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
4 (120). Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
5 (161). Xavier Thomas, Edge, Clemson
5 (171). M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh
5 (172). Gottlieb Ayedze, G, Maryland
6 (210). Ryan Flournoy, WR, SE Missouri State

If they get Thomas and Devonshire in the 5th, I’m tossing dogs in the air in celebration.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Sounds pretty correct to me. Howie definitely wouldn't want Bill, that's for sure. Then it comes down to Lurie wanting to tear it all down and based it around Bill (which is a terrible idea for this specific franchise, IMO).

Edit; Oh s*** they got me too. Thought I was talking in the Eagles page, hah.

• Haha

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Dude really went from being the poster boy for losing NFC Championship Games to being the poster boy for CTE. What a complete asshat.

He's a total nut job at this point for me.

Dude blames the media for painting him a way but constantly is spouting wild stuff on podcasts. How can anyone look at this dude's priorities and feel confident going into the season (specifically if you're a Jets fan)?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad