Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Draft Day is now on Peacock...

Just realized that movie is 10 years old now. I watch it at least 2x a year (despite it's over-the-topness); at some point leading up to the NFL draft and the other while my live offline fantasy football league does its draft.

What do we think happened in the careers of Bo Callahan, Vonte Mack, Brian Drew, and Ray Jennings?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Draft Day is now on Peacock...

Just realized that movie is 10 years old now. I watch it at least 2x a year (despite it's over-the-topness); at some point leading up to the NFL draft and the other while my live offline fantasy football league does its draft.

What do we think happened in the careers of Bo Callahan, Vonte Mack, Brian Drew, and Ray Jennings?

Two career-ending ACL injuries, one domestic violence expulsion, and one early retirement (Callahan).

It's the Browns

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
There's a strong chance Rodgers is cooked or retired by then.
Dude yes. At first I was pissed seeing it was 2026, but then I realized Howie is doing what I do in NHL 23 franchise - trying to see into the future and hoping a team that's not so bad now (i.e. their picks aren't overly expensive) turns bad by the time I have one of their picks. Fair play.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The pick being deferred is less than ideal, but I think Howie chooses his deferral targets well. We saw it with the Saints and now the Jets. There's a strong chance Rodgers is cooked or retired by then.

Bingo.

This is one of those times where I think Howie's ability to see ahead is on display. The team is worse today, for sure, but he had already signed the replacement in Huff - so we can't say he didn't prepare for it.

A possible high 2nd in 2026 for Reddick now? I'm shocked we got the chance at a 2nd for Reddick. Needs to hit 67.5% playtime and 10 sacks to get it to a 2nd, and it sounds like Reddick is playing for a contract. Jets will be playing to win. I don't see any reason why this won't turn into a 2nd *barring injury*

Feels like the Wentz trade to me. People thought it was a low return, but the conditions converted and now people are stunned at the heist Howie got.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Needs to hit 67.5% playtime and 10 sacks to get it to a 2nd, and it sounds like Reddick is playing for a contract. Jets will be playing to win. I don't see any reason why this won't turn into a 2nd *barring injury*

One thing worth some caution here is that after 3 years, the highest any EDGE has gotten for Saleh's Jets is ~60.2%. Last year, the top was ~55%. They rotate heavily too.

I think a 2nd is fair. I'm not going to call it a steal, nor selling cheaply. But it feels right. That's all I ever want.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
One thing worth some caution here is that after 3 years, the highest any EDGE has gotten for Saleh's Jets is ~60.2%. Last year, the top was ~55%. They rotate heavily too.

I think a 2nd is fair. I'm not going to call it a steal, nor selling cheaply. But it feels right. That's all I ever want.

I just picture an old, cardigan-wearing, pipe smoking former light house operator sitting in his chair in front of his books saying this exact phrase.

He shall never know true peace.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Those bastards. When I saw the conditions I figured the snap percentage would be close, but still thought it would be a shoe-in. Oh well, 3rd round pick it is.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I had a thought: since bigger returns are more of a threat now, do we think we'll see even more touchbacks? Not sure how often kickers can actually kick out of the end zone. Who knows if someone of them were taking a few ticks off their max distance

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
To be fair, the chance of Mahomes suffering a season-ending injury is not zero. It’s small, but it does exist.

You misunderstand me, good sir.

I mean...there's a part of him that thinks he can compete with Mahomes. Fully healthy in 2024.

I've been meaning to get this one off of my chest.

There is some Wentz to both Maye and Daniels.

You are stunning and brave for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad