Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
Oh snap, missed the 2026 part. Fire Howie again.

Can you, or anyone else, explain this part to me? And when I say explain, I mean

View attachment 843323

I'd like to add to the things @achdumeingute already said that the number of players signed/lost in free agency is also important.

You only get comp picks if you lose more players than you sign.

For example this year the Eagles lost Swift and Mariota in free agency, which theoretically would have netted them two 6th round comp picks. But since the Eagles signed 5 players themselves, these 2 losses were canceled out by their own 5 signings, so they get zero comp picks next year.

If the Eagles lose 5 players in free agency, but sign 4 players themselves, they get one comp pick.

Because of Howie, who loves signing free agents, the Eagles rarely play the comp pick game.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I'd like to add to the things @achdumeingute already said that the number of players signed/lost in free agency is also important.

You only get comp picks if you lose more players than you sign.

For example this year the Eagles lost Swift and Mariota in free agency, which theoretically would have netted them two 6th round comp picks. But since the Eagles signed 5 players themselves, these 2 losses were canceled out by their own 5 signings, so they get zero comp picks next year.

If the Eagles lose 5 players in free agency, but sign 4 players themselves, they get one comp pick.

Because of Howie, who loves signing free agents, the Eagles rarely play the comp pick game.

Thank you!

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
https://overthecap.com/compensatory-formula

Contracts are ranked via a Final Numerical Value based on the sum of points awarded as follows:

• An inverse ranking of the contract's Average Per Year (APY)
  • One point each for each percentage point of snaps played on offense or defense, with a minimum requirement of 25%. (Kickers and punters earn points based upon statistical performance.)
  • 20 or 5 points based upon being honored by the AP All Pro or PFWA On Field Awards lists.
The round for each contract is assigned on a percentile basis, as follows:

• 3rd Round: top 5%
  • 4th Round: below top 5% to top 10%
  • 5th Round: below top 10% to top 15%
  • 6th Round: below top 15% to top 25%
  • 7th Round: below top 25% to top 35% (previously 50% in the 2011 CBA)

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He's always right

Yea the question really is, were we going to give Reddick an extension. If not, we 100% "won" the asset value game, even though it's deferred.

Now, on the field, this year... Have to see how it plays out if Huff is a better player. I want that 2nd rounder, so I legit hope Reddick is the Defensive MVP, and they don't sit him. I really don't care if the jets get a 3rd round comp or not at this point.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yea the question really is, were we going to give Reddick an extension. If not, we 100% "won" the asset value game, even though it's deferred.

Now, on the field, this year... Have to see how it plays out if Huff is a better player. I want that 2nd rounder, so I legit hope Reddick is the Defensive MVP, and they don't sit him. I really don't care if the jets get a 3rd round comp or not at this point.

Pretty much.

I didn't want Reddick to go - I was fine with him playing out his deal because I want a SB, but I think this trade just signals that he wanted more money & term than the Eagles wanted to give (and I can't really blame them).

Like if you're asked: would you rather pay Reddick or Devonta for next year? I'm going Devonta every time. Add a 2nd/3rd on top of that? I'm in.

Wasn't a perfect situation, but I can't say I hate it either. Now, I just need Howie to keep fixing this team up. Defense looks shaky still.

Reactions: achdumeingute

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much.

I didn't want Reddick to go - I was fine with him playing out his deal because I want a SB, but I think this trade just signals that he wanted more money & term than the Eagles wanted to give (and I can't really blame them).

Like if you're asked: would you rather pay Reddick or Devonta for next year? I'm going Devonta every time. Add a 2nd/3rd on top of that? I'm in.

Wasn't a perfect situation, but I can't say I hate it either. Now, I just need Howie to keep fixing this team up. Defense looks shaky still.
I think they’ll draft another pass rusher early.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’m just as worried about iDL as EDGE, which is terrifying given that they just used 15 OA + 4 + 5 + 5 AND 10 OA + 4 in consecutive years on them.

I agree with the conclusion, but you could easily get a 1st+ for DeVonta right now. It does matter.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I agree with the conclusion, but you could easily get a 1st+ for DeVonta right now. It does matter.

Oh for sure. Now if the Eagles on draft night have a great WR fall to them, and then flip Devonta for what you're saying, I can't say I'm hating that either. It's all about how you put the puzzle together for me. I laid it out Reddick vs. Devonta but both can go for the right price (and if you can replace them).

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I’m just as worried about iDL as EDGE, which is terrifying given that they just used 15 OA + 4 + 5 + 5 AND 10 OA + 4 in consecutive years on them.

Maybe our meme of trading the good rookie QB who needs that big second contract for infinite 1st round draft pick/rookie contract glitch should shift to WRs soon.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Too many holes to fill in defense. Hopefully we get good Hurts this year, because they're going to have to outscore their defense

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020

Hopefully a nice stint in jail is in order here.

Yeah, not sure what they’re thinking here. From what I see it looks like 2 cars are racing and in the same lane while trying to pass a car in that same lane. Crazy how neither eased up considering they were hitting some congestion. Just dumb and reckless

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Hopefully a nice stint in jail is in order here.

Racing it looks like. Always a good choice

My friend got head-on'd by a racer who crashed and ramped over the median into her side of the highway. She survived with a mashed up ankle and knee. They both healed and she ran a 10k last week

The other guy wasn't so lucky. I feel no sympathy.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
WIP Morning Show doing their normal nonsense about the Reddick trade.

Lots of "I don't know, but here's what I think" statements that are some extreme hot takes...and they wonder why AJ called them up (well, Ike and Jack) to set them straight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WIP Morning Show doing their normal nonsense about the Reddick trade.

Lots of "I don't know, but here's what I think" statements that are some extreme hot takes...and they wonder why AJ called them up (well, Ike and Jack) to set them straight.
Speaking of WIP, are they ever getting Spike for the afternoon. I know there are a number of people who don’t like him, but they’ve been running ads heralding his permanent (re)arrrival for months now with no indication to when it actually is.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Speaking of WIP, are they ever getting Spike for the afternoon. I know there are a number of people who don’t like him, but they’ve been running ads heralding his permanent (re)arrrival for months now with no indication to when it actually is.

Yeah it's been weird. They keep previewing him for the 2 PM show even though he isn't there yet. I guess you get that luxury when you used to run the station and your dad is Howard.

Spike is whatever to me, but most importantly I just want it done with so we can settle in ya know.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I have a Jayden Daniels comp.

ZOED27RICRGYRHBD74M4ZZ5QIA_df8586bb4c14d18f77324f7452f392cd.jpg

My account is getting removed, isn't it?

Reactions: Chinatown88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad