OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Just When I Thought You Couldn't Get Any Dumber...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Like the goalie in the NHL, you build from the trenches out in the NFL.

Look at Joe Burrow

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Bradley and Taylor weren't drafted for this year, but show that Howie this offseason was thinking two years down the road, fast LBs who need a year or two of development, but you can see the difference it makes when a LB can get 20 yards deep and not lose his man.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Don't know why they're trying to be a QB factory when they should just continue focusing on being an oline factory. You're telling me you can't flip some of these players we've let leave during FA for a pick, similar to what teams try to do with their young backup QBs?
because nooooobody gets more out of the QB position than the Philadelphia Eagles, or so I heard.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
if by "a keeper" you mean not a dumpster fire...sure. IMO we need alot of help on the line.

I disagree. Replacing Kelce should be the focus and is an area of concern for sure. I don't think Lane's done by any means, and getting a healthy Brooks back should be good. If you think those two are done, then yes, they need help. If not, they are actually still one of the better lines in the NFL.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I disagree. Replacing Kelce should be the focus and is an area of concern for sure. I don't think Lane's done by any means, and getting a healthy Brooks back should be good. If you think those two are done, then yes, they need help. If not, they are actually still one of the better lines in the NFL.
brooks is coming off his second major injury and is on the wrong side of 30. I agree Lane will be back, but again wrong side of 30. Seamalo(to lazy to look up spelling) is JAG level. Kelce is wrong side of 30 (as you said).

Mailata is big V v2, with higher upside. Dillard is just a ??.

Just saying, IMO, next year can fall apart pretty quick (again) if we don't infuse some youthful actual talent.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seumalo is a lot more than a JAG. Solid LG who may be the replacement for Kelce if Juriga can't handle center.

Mailata will be all pro in two years, he's starting in his 3rd season of football, not NFL football, ANY football. Still raw, but the best combination of size and athleticism I've seen since Ogden. Learning on the job right now, looks mechanical at times but shows flashes of greatness - he can rag doll 290 lb DEs.

Brooks was a freak but raw athlete, still a freak, was doing 30+" verticals a few months ago. He'll be back.

Lane comes down to fixing the ankle, even this year, when partially healthy he was a top RT.

Driscoll has the smarts and mobility to be an above average LG, just lacks the arm length to stick at OT.

Dillard should be 100% next fall, fell in the draft b/c he played a pass heavy system and needed to add strength and work on the run game, should be ready to start next year, but if Lane is healthy will be groomed as a swing tackle, though a move to OG is not out of the question.

Herbig lacks the feet to do anything but block in line, but can anchor.

Pryor, bleech. Prince, Toth, Juriga who knows?

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tenor.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Seumalo is a lot more than a JAG. Solid LG who may be the replacement for Kelce if Juriga can't handle center.

Mailata will be all pro in two years, he's starting in his 3rd season of football, not NHL football, ANY football. Still raw, but the best combination of size and athleticism I've seen since Ogden. Learning on the job right now, looks mechanical at times but shows flashes of greatness - he can rag doll 290 lb DEs.

Brooks was a freak but raw athlete, still a freak, was doing 30+" verticals a few months ago. He'll be back.

Lane comes down to fixing the ankle, even this year, when partially healthy he was a top RT.

Driscoll has the smarts and mobility to be an above average LG, just lacks the arm length to stick at OT.

Dillard should be 100% next fall, fell in the draft b/c he played a pass heavy system and needed to add strength and work on the run game, should be ready to start next year, but if Lane is healthy will be groomed as a swing tackle, though a move to OG is not out of the question.

Herbig lacks the feet to do anything but block in line, but can anchor.

Pryor, bleech. Prince, Toth, Juriga who knows?

mailata is clearly a physical specimen, he was drafted on that premise alone. The problem with him is picking up anything exotic, or anything disguised. He is belichick's wet dream.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Can we all agree that Kyle Pitts going to the Patriots would be part of the darkest timeline?

(I'd also appreciate it if Howie galaxy-brained a Rashod Bateman/Rondale Moore kind of pick so I don't have to face either of the Bama guys too much.)

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can we all agree that Kyle Pitts going to the Patriots would be part of the darkest timeline?

(I'd also appreciate it if Howie galaxy-brained a Rashod Bateman/Rondale Moore kind of pick so I don't have to face either of the Bama guys too much.)
Pitts is basically a jumbo WR and the Pats might be worse at finding receivers than the Eagles.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad