OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Heading Into Draft Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of bad mock drafts, internet rumors, inflated 40 times at pro days and total nonsense.
Wake me up when the draft actually starts.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I hope we get some clarity on Karlaftis today. Brugler says he didn't do the 3 Cone, but Purdue's website has him at 6.78. That would be a phenomenal number from a guy who seems to be falling for reasons I don't entirely understand.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"He’s working with different people," the Eagles coach told reporters gathered in South Florida. "I’m not going to put his business out there, but he’s working with some different people in Southern California to throw. I’ll let you guys do the digging to find out more about that."
Hurts is working with a QB coach in SC. Wonder if it's this group:

3DQB | Contact Us | Huntington Beach, CA

Dedeaux is now the CEO of the company and one former NFL scouting executive said he believed Hurts is likely working closely with the former Los Angles Dodgers hurler. "I think Jalen’s trying to synchronize his feet to his vision so he can kickstart the mechanism as he progresses through reads and just tighten up his motion a bit," the exec explained.
Dedeaux may sound familiar to Eagles fans for his work with Carson Wentz before the QB's 2017 run to an MVP-level of play. Injuries and the pandemic limited Wentz's offseason work since and the alarm in failing mechanics has sounded.

Eagles Hint at More Targeted Offseason Development Plan for Jalen Hurts

Note, Dak and Trask, Johnson proteges, both have worked with 3DBQ.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
"He’s working with different people," the Eagles coach told reporters gathered in South Florida. "I’m not going to put his business out there, but he’s working with some different people in Southern California to throw. I’ll let you guys do the digging to find out more about that."
Hurts is working with a QB coach in SC. Wonder if it's this group:

3DQB | Contact Us | Huntington Beach, CA

Dedeaux is now the CEO of the company and one former NFL scouting executive said he believed Hurts is likely working closely with the former Los Angles Dodgers hurler. "I think Jalen’s trying to synchronize his feet to his vision so he can kickstart the mechanism as he progresses through reads and just tighten up his motion a bit," the exec explained.
Dedeaux may sound familiar to Eagles fans for his work with Carson Wentz before the QB's 2017 run to an MVP-level of play. Injuries and the pandemic limited Wentz's offseason work since and the alarm in failing mechanics has sounded.

Eagles Hint at More Targeted Offseason Development Plan for Jalen Hurts

Note, Dak and Trask, Johnson proteges, both have worked with 3DBQ.

Yes, it's Tom House's group.

Hurts previously trained with Quincy Avery/QB Takeover. Those are the two major options for QBs. It's not necessarily an improvement.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I hope we get some clarity on Karlaftis today. Brugler says he didn't do the 3 Cone, but Purdue's website has him at 6.78. That would be a phenomenal number from a guy who seems to be falling for reasons I don't entirely understand.
I enjoyed the conspiracy theories going around the last couple days about Hamilton intentionally tanking his stock by how he ran the 40 which was by swerving and not running in a straight line.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I've noticed a lot of volatility in terms of guys moving up lately - I don't know to what degree this year's movement is "normal" after the pro days, etc., but I wonder if he and other fallers are falling due just to displacement from other guys zipping up. I know all of this always happens, but it really seems to be zipping around a lot this year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've noticed a lot of volatility in terms of guys moving up lately - I don't know to what degree this year's movement is "normal" after the pro days, etc., but I wonder if he and other fallers are falling due just to displacement from other guys zipping up. I know all of this always happens, but it really seems to be zipping around a lot this year.

I think this is entirely correct. To me, it's a function of there not being a solidified top of the draft so you have more headroom for movement. There are a good ~15 guys that you could take in the top 5 and it wouldn't be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad