OT: Philadelphia Eagles: It’ll Take More Than A Few Bounces To Knock Our Crown Off Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

YES OR NO??
the jags are unlikely to spend 41m cap on two QBs if you ask me.

If they cut Bortles...and traded for Foles...they would be still out 36m cap. The highest in the league for 2019 is Brees at 33. As a post June 1 cut..it's 11.5m this year 10m next. So in 2019...31m AND assets for Nick Foles @ QB

I really don't see it. Imo jags are more likely to draft a QB or roll with a backup/Bortles.

Also Ramsey wants like 15 mil per and will be a malcontent if he doesn't get it IMO...

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'll believe Foles is traded when it happens and not a second before. It makes too much sense for him to hit the market and tagging him is going to be awfully tricky between having the cap space and the potential for an NFLPA grievance.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
in my opinion, i think they are going to do everything they can to keep nick because if carson goes down or is not healthy next season, at least they have two qbs they already know the system and chemistry with players with nick and nate. it's just telling me they want to keep the team together, i dont think they are going to pull a chip kelly on the roster.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
While ESP is a phony and is just stirring up stuff, this isn't that far out of the realm of possibility as an option IF Foles accepts the team option.

Now, the odds are that he'll opt out and hit free agency. But if we do keep him and trade him, I do actually think the Jags would be one of the best fits. They have the talent, especially on defense, to win now. What they need is a legitimate veteran presence and leader at QB. The Difilippo connection is obviously a factor too. They have the ability to clear some cap space and can afford him.

However, Fournette would almost certainly not happen. Something centered around their 2nd, Carlos Hyde, and a mid-late round pick would make more sense.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
can't see the Bucs taking a RB when their O-Line is so bad...and don't the Cards need a QB..like badly?

They traded up to draft Josh Rosen last draft. He had the least impressive year of all the rookie QB’s year but he did play on the worst team in the league & not every rookie QB is great in their first year (see Goff & Wentz).

There’s quotes from Kingsbury back in the day how he’d trade up to get Murray if he was NFL team because he’s going to be a stud. So naturally that has some talking but it’s probably not realistic they bail on Rosen this early to try someone else when the team clearly has issues elsewhere.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00