OT: Philadelphia 76ers: The tank is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
As long as BC gets proper value... could easily get burnt if Embiid isn't healthy and Noel's offensive game remains limited. But Noel's style of play suits the Sixers more.

I hope noel continues to grow, his weight / muscle improved last year from 1st year. hope he can add some range and have a better shooting %

embiid muscle has improved big time, as long as he stays healthy his talent will help, but expeirence will be the big ? how many mistakes will me make and learn from, as with the rest of the new players including saric.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I don't see how Dunn or Brown fit with Simmons/Saric and Noel/Embiid.

Dunn really doesn't, Brown was probably the most disappointing prospect this year and I want nothing to do with him. I'm not a huge fan of either, tbh.

I'd rather just keep Okafor for the time being right now.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I don't see how Dunn or Brown fit with Simmons/Saric and Noel/Embiid.
There's a lot of misinformation out there about Dunn. He's not a great shooter by any means, but he's better than what he gets credit for. Actually grades out pretty well on catch and shoot opportunities. He's 69/190 (36%) from 3 the last two years with about 1/2 of those coming off the dribble. That's not bad and I definitely see potential there.

Agreed on Brown though. Dude has the physical tools but flat out blows.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I'm on board with trading Okafor, but I hope we get a better return than the 3rd or 4th overall in a 2 player draft.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I wanted to trade Okafor earlier in the season, but I can't help but envision a nightmare scenario where he dominates us for years (assuming he goes East) and we gave up on him too early. While it's pretty obvious one of him or Noel will have to be shipped out at some point, it makes me a bit nervous. While we also have to consider fit, it makes sense Okafor would be the odd man out.

...Maybe it's just the Philly fan in me.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The Simmons vs. Ingram thread on realGM is hilarious. People are reaching for a lot of stuff. Puts player debates on HF to shame. :laugh:

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
Another month of Simmons vs Ingram. I'm already tired of the debate.

If we get Simmons, and I think they pick him, I think they have too, we need to add solid defensive wings who can shoot and then let these pieces come together. Adding too many veterans will reduce the playing time of the prospects and we want to see them play. I will say that they need a few Carl Landry types to be here and to show these young guys how to carry themselves and be professionals. I doubt we see them commit significant long term cap space to free agents, as the players worth getting won't come here and overpaying an average player for the next 3-5 years doesn't make them contenders. For example: Bradley Beal at the max is insanity.

I think an Okafor trade is possible (and I'd do it, too much value tied up in the 5, get a pick or prospect for a different position) but they might wait to see how their roster plays out first. There really is no rush as they aren't going to have high expectations right away. Embiid, Noel and Okafor have all missed time as Sixers with injuries already. A large percentage of their 2016 team has never even suited up in the NBA before, let alone what their startling lineup will look like on opening night.

The notion that 24 and 26 are worth anything is crazy. They are glorified 2nds in anything but a deep draft and the consensus seems to be that expectations for this draft year are low. You might have to throw in 26 to get Boston to bite on #3 for Okafor. I'd still do it. Not sure I'd pick Dunn over Murray or Heild tho, but that might just be me. I'd take any of them to be honest.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Why? Thought it was weird I hadn't seen you post there in months.
Had a blow up with a main board mod but also the mobile app got shut down. I mostly post from a phone so it was a nightmare doing it from the desktop view. Quick question, does "LloydFree" post there anymore?

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Had a blow up with a main board mod but also the mobile app got shut down. I mostly post from a phone so it was a nightmare doing it from the desktop view. Quick question, does "LloydFree" post there anymore?

Very seldom (I've seen a couple post this week from him). He was one of the notorious Hinkie haters right?

Kobble starting posting there again after we won the lottery and was already getting into it with some members about how he treats posters who disagree with him. :laugh: He knows his stuff though.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
With respect to the value of 24 and 26, I don't think they're worth significantly less than the usual
late 20s pick; not that they're particularly valuable any year. The problem with this draft is that 3 or 4 through 15 or so are far worse than the average. You're almost always looking at guys you think can fill a role, stash, or simply throwing a Hail Mary by the 20s anyway.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So if OKC wins everything, is Durant signing a 1+1 to stay the overwhelming favorite? If it isn't already.

*Edit* Apparently my dictionary thinks Furant is a word.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like Golden State but I like seeing new teams that I dont hate win more. If GS does lose it may open up the door for another LeBron chip though should they get past Toronto.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I like GS but have to give credit for the way OKC is playing. Their defense is absolutely swarming all over GS. Nobody gets a shot off without a hand in his face. No time and space for Curry to create much of anything. And Westbrook is a force of nature. Really impressive team effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad