OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Process engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So was reading a few recent articles on the 76ers and when Simmons was mentioned, they mentioned him as PG. I know Brown said they would try him there but nothing solid or concrete of course.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I think the only reason Jah's been playing the last couple weeks is the doctors determined he couldn't injure the knee further, and they're trying to get Splitter in shape b/c you have to play someone. As soone as Splitter is ready, I expect Jah to go on injured reserve and then to the operating room.

Something is wrong when you have to ice your knee in the 1st Q.

Hes to fat for those knees :sarcasm:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Kanter really went to work last night. I'd be happy if Okafor turns out to be a similar player. He's also only 24; thought he was like 30.

If the pick falls outside the top 10, it goes to the Bulls. If it's inside the top 10, the sixers have the option to swap. We don't get their pick outright, we'd basically be trading our pick for theirs. We do have a future unprotected 1st from them in 2019.

Thanks that makes me feel better. We should get a really good player in the draft........unless Colangelo screws it up. I do not trust this guy at all. Sam has set this team up for years to come with picks and players. All Colangelo has to do is stay the course, but his past history has me concerned.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
It'll be interesting to see if anyone passes on Ball because of his dad. Lonzo seems like a good kid and even seems to realize that his dad is a "distraction".

I watched him on 1st take yesterday. I do not care how good the kid is, I stay away from that family with a 10 foot pole. The dad may be crazy like a fox but way to much drama, plus he is not even the best player in this years draft. Let NY or LA draft him:popcorn:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That argument between his dad and Stephen A Smith may be some of the greatest TV of all time.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I dont see the john wall comparison for fox like they just said

I think they're talking about the fact that both are quick and can finish at the rim- and neither are great outside shooters although they may not have wanted to mention that part :sarcasm:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sixers should just mellow out, because they don't need to hit a HR in the draft - BB is performing miracles!

I told you Noel's money was better spent on Saric, he's the real thing baby, Noel will never be as good. Saric just has "it," in every sport certain players may lack elite athleticism, but they have the combination of instincts and sheer "truimph of the will" to succeed, old people here remember Bobby Clarke. Well, Saric has that special quality. Give him a year to add strength and work on his outside shot and we'e talking perenniel Allstar.

Long is a revelation, I don't think he's starter material, but he's made tremendous progress since the summer league and belongs in the NBA, and will be cheap depth the next few years.

BB should be given a long-term extension, I mean what else does he have to do?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Sixers should just mellow out, because they don't need to hit a HR in the draft - BB is performing miracles!

I told you Noel's money was better spent on Saric, he's the real thing baby, Noel will never be as good. Saric just has "it," in every sport certain players may lack elite athleticism, but they have the combination of instincts and sheer "truimph of the will" to succeed, old people here remember Bobby Clarke. Well, Saric has that special quality. Give him a year to add strength and work on his outside shot and we'e talking perenniel Allstar.

Long is a revelation, I don't think he's starter material, but he's made tremendous progress since the summer league and belongs in the NBA, and will be cheap depth the next few years.

BB should be given a long-term extension, I mean what else does he have to do?

The greatest Flyer of all time and it is not even close. The 72 series was his coming out party. When I think of the definition of "FLYER" he is what I think of. The archangel of the Spectrum:yo: Just great times to live in. The best.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Jah apparently is out again today.

I know for a while people in here had issues with deadhead referencing "Jah's knee" way too often as an excuse for his ****** play, but i'm starting to fall into that camp now. There's something clearly wrong with him and i'm not sure why they continue to take him in and out of the lineup. They need to figure what's best for his long-term health and do something about it. Because continuing to play him this year isn't helping anyone.

Splitter played for the 87ers last night, so if he's good to go, then it's time to shut down Jah.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would guess that's the least attractive job in the league at this point. Something better will come along. Can't write a better script, though. Heh.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kings get permission to speak with Hinkie. The irony.

Colangelo is going to engage in trade talks with Hinkie and when all is said and done...Saric, Covington and Embiid will wind up on the Kings and the Kings will get their pick in 2019 back...Sixers returns will be a bunch of second round picks to increase the chances of getting a first round talent :sarcasm:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
per 100 possessons -

Noel: 21.4 points, 13.9 rb, 2.4 A, 3.1 Sts, 2.4 Blk, 6.3 F
119 ORtg 102 DRtg

Holmes: 23.0 points, 12.8 rb, 2.3 A, 1.7 Sts, 2.4 Blk. 5.8 F,
118 ORtg, 105 DRtg

Not a huge gap between them, Noel is a more polished defensive player, in all aspects, Holmes has more offensive skills. I think Holmes has more upside b/c Noel really doesn't have a shot, he's improved out to 10" but only if left alone. Holmes spent more time in college but was badly coached, he's still learning how to block out and play fundamental defense, and to become more consistent with his 3 point shot (up to 33%). He has the right coach to teach him, which is a big positive.

Both have inflated stats b/c they came off the bench most of the season against inferior personnel. Both are best suited to a rotation role where they don't have to match up against top starting centers. Both are excellent in that role, but their high rate of fouls suggests they'd struggle to stay on the floor for 30+ minutes against starters.

Neither is good enough to carry a team like Embiid, but paired with another center with complementary skills, they could be part of a championship team. If Embiid can stay healthy, Holmes would be a perfect backup for 15-20 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad