OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Terrance Ross scored 51 in a game Clippers in a season he was averaging about 10 points. Scoring outbursts can occur at any league.
Ross is a little more talented than Douby. It wasn't Douby's first or last outbreak. Scoring 75 points is a lot different than scoring 50. There are many "experts" that have called the league a joke.

Nothing against Mudiay, I like him, I'm just not taking much from the numbers he's putting up over there.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Soooooo....its looking bad for these picks.

82.4% chance the Miami pick comes to Philly. I think most people would rather gamble for the 11-12 pick rather than stay safe at the 15-16 pick.

Once Ibaka went down, I knew the Thunder pick would most likely NOT convey.

And the Lakers are the Lakers and essentially need their pick.

I still am relatively confident we'll get the heat pick.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Huge loss for the Heat last night. They're on track to land in the top 10.

**** this. The sixers are only gonna have one first rounder after all this.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Huge loss for the Heat last night. They're on track to land in the top 10.

**** this. The sixers are only gonna have one first rounder after all this.

Don't lose hope on the Heat's pick. They still have 2 easily winnable games against the Sixers and Magic.

Just need one of the Jazz, Pacers, or Celtics to lose.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I think there is a good chance they get the Heat pick. I mean, the Heat can make the playoffs, they still have a reason to play, right?

OKC is dead and the Lakers would have to have two teams jump them in the lottery to fall out of the top 5, right?

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Pretty much need to Jazz or the Pacers to lose their last three games (all very possible) and the Heat to win 2/3 most likely against the Magic and Sixers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Worse comes to worse they pick #4, get Embiid and have 5 2nd rd picks, I'd say every other team in the league would kill to be in their position this offseason.

Next year Miami protected to 10 with Bosch back and a high pick, Lakers protected top 3, OKC top 15 and their own 1st rd pick and they get Saric.

However the chips fall, they're gonna add a heckuva lot of talent the next two seasons.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Worse comes to worse they pick #4, get Embiid and have 5 2nd rd picks, I'd say every other team in the league would kill to be in their position this offseason.

Next year Miami protected to 10 with Bosch back and a high pick, Lakers protected top 3, OKC top 15 and their own 1st rd pick and they get Saric.

However the chips fall, they're gonna add a heckuva lot of talent the next two seasons.

Saric won't be here until '16-'17

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
While i am still upset that they'll only have their pick, since there were a couple of guys in the 10-20 range that i would've loved to have... once i realized that Hinkie completely eliminated the need to tank next season, i felt a lot more happy about the level of basketball that we should be seeing from this team in 2015-16.

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
**** the Heat. I hope that organization loses every game for the rest of their existence. Actually just **** the entire city of Miami in general, it's a horrible place and nobody should live there.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
so, what do each of these picks turn into now?

If none convey, the Sixers will only have their 1st.

Heat - Top 10 protected next year
OKC - Top 15 protected next year
Lakers - Top 3 protected next year

Considering that all of those teams project to be better, very good chance Sixers get them this year.

OKC lost Durant for the better part of the year and then Ibaka.

Lakers sat Kobe all year (not sure how "hurt" he really was), so they'll have a Top 5 pick/Kobe/Randle

Heat will have Bosch back and their 1st rounder.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Don't be surprised if Hinkie trades some assets if he really likes someone in the 10-20 range of this upcoming draft.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Technically those future picks can still be moved, so Hinkie may trade one of those non-conveyed picks for a pick this year.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
If none convey, the Sixers will only have their 1st.

Heat - Top 10 protected next year
OKC - Top 15 protected next year
Lakers - Top 3 protected next year

Considering that all of those teams project to be better, very good chance Sixers get them this year.

OKC lost Durant for the better part of the year and then Ibaka.

Lakers sat Kobe all year (not sure how "hurt" he really was), so they'll have a Top 5 pick/Kobe/Randle

Heat will have Bosch back and their 1st rounder.

I think it is hard to say. The Heat could lose Dragic to the FA. Wade is continuing to have shaky health and his play has shown itself to be starting to decline. Bosh of course is returning from blood clots. Even with Bosh and Wade health this year they still weren't a very good team hovering around the bottom of the playoffs. And that pick likely being around 10 you are still talking about a raw rookie. I could see them being right around the same spot again.

The Thunder should be better but they do have to deal with that rough Western conference and Durant's health alone is now looking like a concern. This season alone...

Oct. 12 Fractures foot out 17 games
Dec. 18 Right ankle sprain out 6 games
Jan. 25 Sprained big toe out 4 games
Feb. 22 2nd foot surgery out 14 games
March 20 Setback in rehab out indefinitely
March 27 More foot surgery out 4-6 months

At this point I am not all that confident he will be all that healthy next year given how fragile he is looking.

Lakers are a complete mystery. Randle and whoever they draft will join but both will still be rookies. Kobe returns but Kobe has not been slightly healthy the past 2 years and even when he was he was horrible. They will have money to spend but they have had issues attracting the true big FA's lately and may just end up signing players who aren't game changers. Plus yet again in the West they could easily be a lotto team again.

I actually don't hate getting picks in next years draft though. Though it is early on and the scouting is raw it does look like it could be an impressive draft class.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
If the Heat beat us and the Magic beat the Nets, does that mean we get the Heat pick? Or the picks are already locked up as being not ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad