• Daniel Alfredsson

Votes: 100 82.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Alfredsson, shouldn't be particularly close either. Similar offensive production while Alfredsson was a dramatically better player away from the puck seems to make this a no-brainer IMO.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Alfredsson was excellent defensively whilst producing similar, often better, numbers offensively.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Alfredsson was often the top dog on his team, he never had a Crosby and a Malkin to play above him which makes things easier. I still think Alfie is the better player, and I am a Leafs fan. Winning a cup takes a team effort, not just 1 or 2 guys. Just because he was never on a team that won a cup, doesn't make him a worse player. He is the better player in my eyes.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Without checking, I assume Kessel has a slight edge offensively, but I don't think it's enough t make up for the large defensive gap.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Gimme Phil the Thrill. I don't know what it is, but I actually felt for the guy when he was getting slammed by the media in Toronto and getting picked last at an All-Star Game. Then there was the fun way he threw shade at the US National Team for leaving him off the squad. I was really happy to see him go to a better team and then contribute significantly to their Stanley Cup wins. Vindication, and good for him. He seems like a happy and fun guy. Who doesn't like hot dogs?

When we get down to the nitty gritty, I also think he is the superior goal scorer. Alfredsson had some good years and of course had centerman responsibilities, but Phil does his job better. He's also surprisingly durable for a guy that's supposedly out of shape.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Kaapo Takko

Oct 13, 2015
Finland
The better goal scorer and two-time Stanley Cup champion? I'll go with that one.
When we get down to the nitty gritty, I also think he is the superior goal scorer. Alfredsson had some good years and of course had centerman responsibilities, but Phil does his job better. He's also surprisingly durable for a guy that's supposedly out of shape.

Kessel is scoring 0.002 more goals per game. lol
I vote Alfredsson. Better PPG and defense.

Alfredsson
Goals per game: 0.356
Assists per game: 0.572
Points per game: 0.928

Kessel
Goals per game: 0.358
Assists per game: 0.467
Points per game: 0.826

Reactions: h2owned

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Kessel is scoring 0.002 more goals per game. lol
I vote Alfredsson. Better PPG and defense.

Alfredsson
Goals per game: 0.356
Assists per game: 0.572
Points per game: 0.928

Kessel
Goals per game: 0.358
Assists per game: 0.467
Points per game: 0.826

Okay, then, so not by much LOL. Actually, going by this, Alfredsson should be better because Kessel hasn't hit the full down side of his career yet. What can I say? Phil is still the better goal scorer talent wise when you watch the games. It's probably his laziness that makes it closer statistically.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Id go kessel here. Alfie was an alright two way player but outaide a couple of years where he had on of the leagues better playmakers and the leagues hottest goal scorers he really was pretty pedestrian.

Also, i think his leadership "skills" were pretty bad.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Gimme Phil the Thrill. I don't know what it is, but I actually felt for the guy when he was getting slammed by the media in Toronto and getting picked last at an All-Star Game. Then there was the fun way he threw shade at the US National Team for leaving him off the squad. I was really happy to see him go to a better team and then contribute significantly to their Stanley Cup wins. Vindication, and good for him. He seems like a happy and fun guy. Who doesn't like hot dogs?

Alfredsson never played centre.

Your opinion lacks credibility.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Alfredsson never played centre.

Your opinion lacks credibility.
Well trchnically he didnt say alfredsson was a centre. He said he had centreman responsibilities. Which is true. He played some of the roles a centre normally does for his lines.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Id go kessel here. Alfie was an alright two way player but outaide a couple of years where he had on of the leagues better playmakers and the leagues hottest goal scorers he really was pretty pedestrian.

Also, i think his leadership "skills" were pretty bad.

Lol
He won the Mark Mesier leadership trophy one year

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wow. Was that the year he was asked if the sens ciuld come back from being down a couple of games against the leafs and responded with "probably not"?

Showing lack of knowledge again, as that was Pittsburgh. Like I said, won the leadership award from 700 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad