Status
Not open for further replies.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Screenshot_2019-02-08-22-20-12.png

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
The team system this year compared to last year is significantly better, especially with players locations, clearing and entering zones, and breakout passes. Whether this be due to the player additions of Dahlin, healthy Bogo etc or changes in the coaching roster of adding someone like Smith, it also boosts the leeway with Housley's security.

Thus his massive faults in rewarding struggling players such as Sobotka, ignoring the positive inpact of players such as Pilut will not factor in. His bafflinfg OT decisions, like rolling out Sheary with Eichel at the beginning of OT has no rationality. Even against Carolina when Skinner was sitting hot on two goals, and does not get out first out at the start of OT is baffling. But this season they are overall improved, thus he will be safe.

What is most concerning is his various methods which have shown little to no success are repeated as if there is a underlying reason for them.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
99% of us seem to want Housley gone.. but who replaces him? Very few proven talents available.

Personally I'm not a fan of Quenneville- Hawks fans complained he was out of touch with the modern NHL, and the team has been markedly better without him..

My candidate is Lane Lambert, assoc. coach of the Isles. Was assistant with the Caps for their cup run last year, now working with the surprisingly good NY team. Maybe that's all Trotz, who knows, but a guy with Nashville, Caps, and Isles on his resume.. barring anything I'm unaware of I'd give him a call at least.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Sheldon Keefe. Young. Adaptable. Capable of getting the best out of his players, especially offensively.
Surprised nobody is taken him from us yet. Would be a great choice, success at every level. Generally gets credit for turning Kapanen into the two way threat he is.

Reactions: PirateShip

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I would give Housley until Christmas 2019. We average more than half of our lineup each game with guys not here last year. We are playing 6 guys in their first full year (if Thompson and Smith play) in the nhl. Botts has to sign Skinner, find a good stay at home defence man to shut down at end of games. He needs to dump some guys that are has beens, wannabes or never" wases" He needs to hit on the draft choices he has this year not that they are likely to help right away. Housley has to get these guys to commit to playing 5 man hockey and make sure the best 20 are playing every night. The power play has to get consistently better and that is coaching--we have the talent for a darn good PP1. If we are not comfortably in a playoff position at that time then his ass is grass.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Surprised nobody is taken him from us yet. Would be a great choice, success at every level. Generally gets credit for turning Kapanen into the two way threat he is.

Wouldn’t be shocked one bit if Toronto doesn’t allow that and wants him not interviewing, but eventually he will be available. Wanted him for a while including when we fired Bylsma. Was looking at him as the eventual coach to replace Dan.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Wouldn’t be shocked one bit if Toronto doesn’t allow that and wants him not interviewing, but eventually he will be available. Wanted him for a while including when we fired Bylsma. Was looking at him as the eventual coach to replace Dan.
If Toronto blocks him, we offer sheet everybody. Would be a very believable threat.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

They can't hold him in the AHL forever, and Babcock certainly isn't going anywhere any time soon. Promising as he is, though, I think I'd rather have Quenneville. It's been a while since we've had someone in the organization who brings his level of experience and accomplishments. I'm wary of bringing in another rookie HC after Housley.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
99% of us seem to want Housley gone.. but who replaces him? Very few proven talents available.

Personally I'm not a fan of Quenneville- Hawks fans complained he was out of touch with the modern NHL, and the team has been markedly better without him..

My candidate is Lane Lambert, assoc. coach of the Isles. Was assistant with the Caps for their cup run last year, now working with the surprisingly good NY team. Maybe that's all Trotz, who knows, but a guy with Nashville, Caps, and Isles on his resume.. barring anything I'm unaware of I'd give him a call at least.
No more damn assistants!

Reactions: Eichel9

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Agree with you about Quenneville. He was an unsuccessful head coach with Avalanche coach albeit the strike year did impact his stay here. But I always felt he benefitted greatly in his early years with the Blackhawks due to Stan Bowman efforts rather than his own.

My list would be:
George Gwozdecky
Jeff Jackson
John Gasparini
Scott McInnis - yeah even after the Edmonton debacle
Don Lucia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad