Phil Housley discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
If they’re shy to fire Phil now, at least
hire Q as a director of Hockey Ops or some other fancy tag, basically having him waiting for the inevitable and taking over for Phil after the season.
Actually not a bad idea. Housley doesn't deserve it but lock up Q and give him a role in the organization and then he's there if you need him. Plus he could mentor Housley.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Unfortunately, I would expect St Louis to gas Yeo and sign Coach Q ASAP.
This is what I am thinking, this firing of coach Q could not come at a worse time for Buffalo since Housley is being saved by Buffalos first positive season in years so far.

The coach carousel timing is always off for Buffalo. By the time management realizes Housley isnt very good at his job no one of credibility will be on the market.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The only way Phil can make this a successful season for him is if we get over 80 points from where we were at 2 years ago.

We got a tough stretch of games coming up, this is where we see what Phil has really done.

Right now we have faced a lot of back up goalies and teams near the bottom of the league.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
This will be a double whammy. Not only will we not fire Housley, but St. Louis will fire Yeo and replace him with Q, which will harm our draft position.

giphy.gif

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’d be willing to turn back time and swap 9-2 to 2-9 if it meant that we got Quenneville.
Please Botts, go for it!

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Let's take a look...

Canadians on Thursday, we will probably see Price this time and he can do what Lundqvist has done. Then we go against the dynamic offense of Vancouver followed by most likely losses against Tampa, Winnipeg, Minnesota and Pittsburgh

Good chance we come out of the next two weeks 2 and 4 or 1 and 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad