Phil Housley discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Honestly, how could anyone not be on board with this? Even if you believe in Housley, Q is one of the best in the game. Plus, no doubt he'd bring the fast-paced style of game we've all been waiting to see the Sabres play.
I'm on board with it. But I don't honestly see it happening. Especially considering the team is off to a better start this year.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If you can upgrade at coach you do it. No matter how team is doing ...

This would be an obvious upgrade....but yeah..wont happen cuz optics

Reactions: Chainshot

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm on board with it. But I don't honestly see it happening. Especially considering the team is off to a better start this year.

I'd agree the likelihood is low right now. But what's realistic and what I want are often 2 very different things. :laugh: Maybe we'll get lucky and Q will stay on the market long enough to still be an option if/when we go on a big losing streak.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

To be fair, if that's the case 90% of the teams in the league should do it... but probably won't "cuz optics" I guess.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

I think it only happens if Pegula forces the hand of Botterill. Seeing Botterill's negligence of admitting Tage needs Rochester is the sign why I dont see him moving on from Housley ever.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I think it only happens if Pegula forces the hand of Botterill. Seeing Botterill's negligence of admitting Tage needs Rochester is the sign why I dont see him moving on from Housley ever.
The conclusions we jump to from a team sitting a kid for a few games for playing poorly. My goodness.

EDIT: Not that I see them moving from Housley... but for all the obvious reasons why that's likely the case, somehow Thompson gets dragged into it. :laugh:

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
The Habs fired their coach (forgot who it was) to hire Julien a couple years ago. The Sabres should *absolutely* fire Housley to hire Q.

But it’s assuming Q would want to come here and that Botts would be brave enough to do that. I don’t see it happening. Which really, really sucks.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I would love to swap Housley for Q. Unfortunately it would not look well to fire a coach that is only in his second year and currently has an above .500 record. If they didnt do it for Trotz in the off season when it would have made sense I highly doubt they do an in season coaching change.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The conclusions we jump to from a team sitting a kid for a few games for playing poorly. My goodness.

EDIT: Not that I see them moving from Housley... but for all the obvious reasons why that's likely the case, somehow Thompson gets dragged into it. :laugh:
Thompson got dragged into it to show the parallels of why I think Botterill doesnt make a move.

From keeping Tage up rather than getting him big minutes in Rochester to sitting on his hands last season from players on waivers.

Hes a procrastinator for in season moves until it's too late.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I would love to swap Housley for Q. Unfortunately it would not look well to fire a coach that is only in his second year and currently has an above .500 record. If they didnt do it for Trotz in the off season when it would have made sense I highly doubt they do an in season coaching change.
There is no way I think we will hire Q...but if we did the explanation would be VERY easy.

It would be harsh on Housley, but 99% of people would understand that you're doing it to get one of the best and most accomplished coaches in NHL history.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
So lame how a 15 game sample of relatively consistent play could save Housley's job.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
We should be a way more exciting option than St Louis just based on talent. If Q turns us down early my guess is that we won’t find out so no real reason to be bitter about Botts.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I don't think Botterill will do it but I wish he would. This is the time!

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I would not be suprised. Some Buffalo fans have lost all their sense of pride and honor. Evident by the time of the tank, Murray gutting the team and then blaming it on Ted Nolan.
Not sure what reality you've been living in but, OK

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
So lame how a 15 game sample of relatively consistent play could save Housley's job.

Buffalo has been the complete opposite of consistent this season. Play bad for 3 games, play good for 3 games, play bad for 3 games... PP will score 5 in 20 and then go 0-12. PK will be perfect for 2 games and then give up 2 goals every game for a week.

Reactions: Fezzy126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad