Phil Housley discussion thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
it's soccer, after all

He has
Housley has shown, to my satisfaction, that he is not the man for the job and he should be replaced.

However, firing him is not going to make this team a lot better. We fundamentally have a player problem, not a coaching one.

I totally disagree . Look at the Islanders this season with a legit coach and we have arguably a lot more talent then them and they are playing tremendously well post Tavares .

Imagine what a legit coach could do for us like Joel Quenville.

Housley looks defeated , is out of answers and just doesn’t know what to do sonwe desperately need a change even tho it won’t happen till the end of the season

Reactions: Sinter Klaas

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don’t think Quenneville is coming, but he would bring a ton of confidence to the room.

I’d also try to bring a Chicago core member into the mix. Keith is going to end up like Chelios and play for a while on a third pair. I would not mind bringing him in, especially if Okposo hangs them up.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Housley has shown, to my satisfaction, that he is not the man for the job and he should be replaced.

However, firing him is not going to make this team a lot better. We fundamentally have a player problem, not a coaching one.

Frankly, I think it can be both. Roster problem and coaching problem. Picking one or the other is unnecessary.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Something else like "What have you liked and disliked about the coaching staffs performance thus far" would be a bit more subtle and might actually give a modicum of insight.

Reactions: jc17

Josh007007

Jan 17, 2019
Yots are in a playoff spot
If this doesn't show how crappy housley is nothing does

This franchise is doomed

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The good thing here is that the state has officially rulled that suffering from being a Sabres fan qualifies you for medical marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad