Proposal: PHI-NSH-BUF 3-way

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
summer doldrumz shake shake shake it up...who wins, who loses, tell me how terrible this is.

PHI: RD Rasmus Ristolainen & LW/RW Viktor Arvidsson
NSH: RD Shayne Gostisbehere & C/RW Samson Reinhart
BUF: RD Ryan Ellis & LW/RW Travis Konecny + Cap Dump Jori Lehtera

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Value could be evened out a bit but it’s interesting. I think Philly would pass though.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
debateable...and Arvidsson is on a killer contract.
and TK is making 890k and Ghost is arguably on one of the best contracts in the NHL. Its not that I dont like the players offered, they are good players, and arvidsson is on a good contract as you mentioned. However, none of those players I would want over the players you are trying to acquire from us.

Also, including Lehtera as a "well theyll give up more value if they can get rid of Lehtera" is really not a selling point given that we have cap and he can be buried until bought out/contract expires.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
and TK is making 890k and Ghost is arguably on one of the best contracts in the NHL. Its not that I dont like the players offered, they are good players, and arvidsson is on a good contract as you mentioned. However, none of those players I would want over the players you are trying to acquire from us.

Also, including Lehtera as a "well theyll give up more value if they can get rid of Lehtera" is really not a selling point given that we have cap and he can be buried until bought out/contract expires.
yeah thats fair enough, and I only added Lehtera due to cap money in/out

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
200.gif

Reactions: preds1

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
and Ristos isnt? 45pt guy on a crap team, his numbers will approach Ghosts on a good team, with more snarl.

Some players put up more pts on a crap team than on a good team because they see a reduced role. On PHI Risto wouldn't see as much PP time with Provorov and possibly 4 Fs.

And more snarl is nice. But better hockey IQ, positioning, reads, breakout pass, mobility is even better.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Some players put up more pts on a crap team than on a good team because they see a reduced role. On PHI Risto wouldn't see as much PP time with Provorov and possibly 4 Fs.

And more snarl is nice. But better hockey IQ, positioning, reads, breakout pass, mobility is even better.

If Ghost were moved, Sanheim would probably get the first look on PP1 - Provorov didnt look too hot on PP2, but then again, nobody looks good on our PP2. We'd also probably limit his minutes there just so we dont wear him down. He played 24 mins a night with not much PP time, increasing that probably isnt the best for him.

Your point stands though. Risto wouldnt be on our top PP, most likely.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It definitely doesn't look good for Philly to me.

But I wouldn't do it from the Preds side either. We like Ellis. We love Arvidsson. I don't see any need to switch Ellis for Ghost on our side... love the cap hit on Ellis this year, and he has a leadership role and it's not like we need left shot D more than right (even if Ghost plays right side)... things already balance nicely with Ek/Josi and PK/Ellis... so there is no motivation for a switch on the D side. So however close that side of things might be in isolation on the D, there is totally no interest whatsoever from Nashville on the Reinhart/Arvidsson side of things, that is a dealbreaker for sure.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It definitely doesn't look good for Philly to me.

But I wouldn't do it from the Preds side either. We like Ellis. We love Arvidsson. I don't see any need to switch Ellis for Ghost on our side... love the cap hit on Ellis this year, and he has a leadership role and it's not like we need left shot D more than right... things already balance nicely with Ek/Josi and PK/Ellis... so there is no motivation for a switch on the D side. So however close that side of things might be in isolation on the D, there is totally no interest whatsoever from Nashville on the Reinhart/Arvidsson side of things, that is a dealbreaker for sure.

Right - this deal doesnt fit nashville since Ghost is a LHD but plays exceptionally better on the right. Bad fit all around.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad