Confirmed Trade: [PHI/MTL] Nate Thompson for 2021 5th round pick

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Nate Thompson is becoming the new "sign him for 1 year deal and get a free pick at the TDL" guy. 3rd consecutive year he's traded.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Thompson hasn't been good in like five years

I think he did honest good work! Took some defensive mission time off of Danault's plate, rocked it at faceoffs and I think he's been great with the kids. Suzuki, Poehling and Evans all had their starts with him and it made an impact

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Thompson is probably a mild upgrade over Bunny and a 5 ain't killing anyone.Would have preferred Grant fron ANA but so be it. Bigger Flyers fan frustration maybe call up Frost 2 weeks before this and see if you have to make this move.

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
What do you expect out of a 4th line C? Thompson is a great PK guy how is amazing on the dot, always plays with energy and has surprising speed.

And an outstanding leader as well. Something FlyguyOX probably forgot to mention :sarcasm:

Great guy to have with 2 minutes left with a faceoff in your own zone

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Jesus Christ, we gave up a 5th for him, chill out lol. We have a top3 prospect pool with some trying to find space on the roster now....there won't be many 5th round picks playing in the future with this team....so this is about all I would have expected them to do today.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
To be honest, I'd rather have kept him, mostly because whoever will remplace him as the 4th line Center is a young player probably better off not centering a 4th line.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
This move screams every other team is doing something significant so let's make a move for the sake of making one. The Flyers are chasing others yet this is the best Fletcher can do? LOL

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
This move screams every other team is doing something significant so let's make a move for the sake of making one. The Flyers are chasing others yet this is the best Fletcher can do? LOL

It's a significant upgrade at 4C for next to nothing. I'm sure Fletcher is exploring other options, but the prices are ridiculous. He had a chance to upgrade the team, and he took it.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
IDK, relief for Giroux and Hayes to play more ES like another Flyer poster implied. Good face off guy never hurts IMHO.
hayes is not coming off the pk. Giroux now can becuase grant and thompson are good at faceoffs as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad