Confirmed with Link: [PHI/MTL] Montreal acquires Dale Weise and Christian Folin for David Schlemko and Byron Froese

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I can't say I didnt see it coming. It only seemed logical

Hudon and Chaput would be eaten alive in a playoff series. Habs need mobile yet strong forechecking players and someone who can win faceoffs. Getting Dale Weise back in my mind is a good option. He embraces the spotlight, has some offensive skills, can skate and hit. A deal around him and Schlemko would be ideal (two disappointing players with 1 year left on their contracts)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Welcome back, Weiser!

6pm62b.jpg
You’re f***in mean :laugh:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
What's Fleischmann up to these days? Would be hilarious to have the both of them and Danault all on the team...hah

Jokes aside this is a very minor move, could payoff if Dale rediscovers the magic he had with us last time.

Deslauriers-Chaput-Weise could be a nice 4th line.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I don't understand the move when we've already got a glut at wing and we aren't using Hudon enough to what he's flashing.

Tatar Gallagher
Drouin Byron
Lehkonen Armia
Shaw Weise
Hudon Deslauriers
Agostino.
I would assume depth move in case of injuries and veteran playoffs talent. Looks like the brass thinks we have a shot at making the playoffs and want to at least put on an effort not to get swept.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Nice, he's a Hab diehard and will be fun to watch in the playoffs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This Folin guy looks interesting. Too bad he's a righty. He's 28 years old, 6'3, 204 lbs. Swede.

Forecaster is bullish:

Owns an ideal frame (6-3, 204 pounds) and plenty of puck-moving acumen. Is sound defensively and can provide a fair amount of offense at lower levels.
Flaws: Needs to prove he can handle National Hockey League power forwards in the big league. Must also prove he can produce more offense in the NHL.
Career Potential: Big, solid defenseman.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A1

Everything is awful
Oct 15, 2005
Montreal, Qc
DALE WEISE IT!!!!!

DUTCH GRETZKY IS BACK!!!

RUMOURS OF HIS DEATH AT THE HANDS OF MILAN LUCIC HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGGERATED!!

Right handed shot iirc, that should be nice, this guy will look great playing way lower in the lineup than he used to do here. I'm just hoping this trade doesn't mean Shaw is done for the season?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As @thegoalie39 already mentioned, Weise will report to Laval.

We know he will be recalled by Montreal at some point.

That's the only way for the Habs not to have to waive someone else.

Love the Schlemdog dumping. Weise has his warts, he can be kind of an aimless wanderer. He could use some structure from Bouchard.

Reactions: jaffy27

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Frolin will actually improve the third D pair, Kulak and Benn never quite did it for me. He's got some experience and he plays a safe game. Benn can go back to his natural side .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad