Confirmed Buy-Out [PHI] Flyers buy out F Oskar Lindblom

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Surprised they couldn't find taker

Sure, he is a little pricey but is only 25 and his productive LW you can put on 3rd line and in spot top 6 role
When you see the number of guys not getting QO’s, they almost definitely want half of that retained.

Reactions: Altimus

Evergreen

Surprised they couldn't find taker

Sure, he is a little pricey but is only 25 with 1 year left and is productive LW you can put on 3rd line and in spot top 6 role
Unfortunately Oskar hasn’t been the same since his cancer journey. He was pretty terrible last year. Soft on the puck and slow. He has never had particularly good hands. He can still shoot though. It’s sad because I really like Oskar and he was looking like a legit top 6 scoring winger before the cancer.

Reactions: Rebel247

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Unfortunately Oskar hasn’t been the same since his cancer journey. He was pretty terrible last year. Soft on the puck and slow. He has never had particularly good hands. He can still shoot though. It’s sad because I really like Oskar and he was looking like a legit top 6 scoring winger before the cancer.

True or not, the narrative will be that they backed out of his contract to gain 333k in cap space to try and overpay Gaudreau.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I would have thought a rebuilding team would take a shot at him with a $3m caphit but his real money is $4m so that might have scared them away.

That said, isn't this a really good sign that Gaudreau is going to sign there?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

he was just fine in the second half of the season. Which is normal. It takes a while for the body to recover believe it or not, after that kind of illness and treatment. He’ll still make a fine bottom 6 player that can fill in on the top 6 when needed.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Lindblom has been hit or miss after, y'know, successfully beating a rare and often fatal bone cancer. They signed him to that deal with a lot of goodwill. He might not have been worth $3m, but if you're looking to cut cap he's clearly a last resort.

No one will take JVR because they know what a bad spot Fletcher has put himself in and they are trying to lean on him for maximum value. He is a desperate, stupid, uncaring GM. Absolutely awful at his job, and embarrassing to what was once one of the proudest fanbases in any sport. It just keeps getting worse, and this is gross.

The PR optics are just awful, too. Tony D in, Oskar out. Great job, you loser.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

It's actually the opposite situation because Fletcher gave Lindblom the 3 year, $9m deal in July, 2020 when there was no guarantee he would be an effective hockey player again.

With the buyout Lindblom will have made $6.33m for the two seasons after getting and beating cancer.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Reactions: eramosat

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's actually the opposite situation because Fletcher gave Lindblom the 3 year, $9m deal in July, 2020 when there was no guarantee he would be an effective hockey player again.

With the buyout Lindblom will have made $6.33m for the two seasons after getting and beating cancer.
I suspect he will get another shot somewhere else. He can still be an effective 4th line forward.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That is what Clarke alleged was the reasoning behind the firing, although Roger Neilson was still around assisting Craig Ramsay.
Nielson wasn’t fired, for real, until after the playoffs.

He also later said they did the right thing.

But like I said I’m not here to defend Clarke, guy is bringing down this club along with Holmgren and Lombardi and Fletcher and everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad