Confirmed Buy-Out [PHI] David Schlemko

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ugh, if the Flyers are active tomorrow that would be the height of folly. They are going to struggle to pay their remaining RFAs, and adding some major player tomorrow would kill the team cap.

Although with Holmgren lurking about, his goal is always to make the cap stupid so he can figure out how to trade assets and picks to get back under the cap. It's like a game to him. No concern for tomorrow, only today. That style brought 44 years with no Cup. Good to see we will be back on that train.

All aboard!

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Ugh, if the Flyers are active tomorrow that would be the height of folly. They are going to struggle to pay their remaining RFAs, and adding some major player tomorrow would kill the team cap.

Although with Holmgren lurking about, his goal is always to make the cap stupid so he can figure out how to trade assets and picks to get back under the cap. It's like a game to him. No concern for tomorrow, only today. That style brought 44 years with no Cup. Good to see we will be back on that train.

Well, got us to the Finals a lot. It's not a bad strategy necessarily, but the long-term build is better for sure.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
I thought the same thing, but couldn't they give him freedom to negotiate a deal somewhere, then when they assign him to the AHL, he could refuse assignment and both sides could walk away, leaving him free and clear to do whatever he wants?
And give up 2 million? He get it all in AHL even if that would suck but id ride the bus for 2 mil. And this way he gets 2/3rds and the chance to catch on with a new team.

Dont see why a player would ever do what you're suggesting. Him and his agent take on all the work and give up guaranteed money

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
And give up 2 million? He get it all in AHL even if that would suck but id ride the bus for 2 mil. And this way he gets 2/3rds and the chance to catch on with a new team.

Dont see why a player would ever do what you're suggesting. Him and his agent take on all the work and give up guaranteed money
This is getting blown Out of proportion. My initial post was in reply to a poster suggesting that, because the buyout didn't really make sense, that maybe it was about letting a guy who isn't in their plans off the hook so he could take one last shot at making an NHL team. It wasn't about how much money Schlemko leave behind by getting out of the contract. So whatever. I couldn't give a rats ass about Schlemko or his contract really. The post was about if the Flyers were going to do the right thing by letting a guy out of his obligation to go pursue his dream, they could do it in a manner that does not stick their foot square up their own ass.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
This is getting blown Out of proportion. My initial post was in reply to a poster suggesting that, because the buyout didn't really make sense, that maybe it was about letting a guy who isn't in their plans off the hook so he could take one last shot at making an NHL team. It wasn't about how much money Schlemko leave behind by getting out of the contract. So whatever. I couldn't give a rats ass about Schlemko or his contract really. The post was about if the Flyers were going to do the right thing by letting a guy out of his obligation to go pursue his dream, they could do it in a manner that does not stick their foot square up their own ass.
Not sure why you're getting so worked up about Schlemko. As far as I could tell me and 1 or 2 other ppl replied to you not really blowing up and no one was mean

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I thought the same thing, but couldn't they give him freedom to negotiate a deal somewhere, then when they assign him to the AHL, he could refuse assignment and both sides could walk away, leaving him free and clear to do whatever he wants?
This could arguably be considered cap circumvention. Presuming that the NHL is actually interested in it - which, to date, they're not even paying lip service to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad