Proposal: PHI-CHI

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
And that would not involve giving up on Patrick...fo 1.5 years of Murphy who we would have to expose in the ED.

Hawks fans...what has gone on with Strome?

72 point pace 2 years ago
54 pint pace last year
31 point pace this year

SHIT....just noticed Strome only has 2 non PP points this year!!! And has 7 on the PP. WTF???
1 of those things was a major outlier.

Reactions: YP44 and Tripod

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I know this.

My point is that with Toews and Dach out this year, Strome is still in a top 6 role....and has not produced. He has 2 ES points.

Last year he had the excuse of Toews and Dach being at C ahead of him. This year neither of them are playing and it's only Suter.

So the question isn't about Chicago having the depth to move him for next year. It's why the hell has he dropped to 2ES points while still playing 2nd line C behind only Suter. That will be a question every team will want to know if trading for him. 2 ES points is not a #2 C.
The Hawks have been playing like crap when he was healthy and they played well when he was injured.
Strome probably played like 2 weeks healthy this season. He had a concussion and tried to play through it. He started fast with 8 pts in his first 10 games. Then got concussed, tried to play through it and has been out.

Even last season, Strome had 30 pts in 40 games before he got injured. Dude has just been injured, but even so he doesn't fit the Hawks needs.

Strome, when healthy is a solid 2C that will put up somewhere between 55-70 pts, depending on whether or not he's on PP1.

Two of Strome's strengths are his hockey IQ and playmaking and that hasn't been there as much since he came back from the concussion. I'm not sure he's actually ready to come back yet.

Last edited:

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Strome capability to move inside the line up is 0. He is 2C if he's winger work hard and score. He can't be used in anything else.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
ok...but with Toews out this year....he should be a top 2 C, right? But 2 ES points on the year????

And if that's the case, we won't do well in Philly because Couts and Hayes will 100% play above him...and we still have Frost knocking on the door next year.

Strome to Philly really doesn't fill any need.

He missed a decent chunk of the season with concussions and an ankle injury.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He missed a decent chunk of the season with concussions and an ankle injury.
yes....but still only has(now) 3 ES points in 25 games....that's a "pace" of 10 ES pts/82 games.

Last year he paced for 42 ES points/82 games

2 years ago he paced for 55 ES points/82 games

That's a MASSIVE drop. That's 4th line numbers.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Strome has scored 2 goals in last 3 games. He's on pace for a 20 goal season. He's finally grown into his frame. Chicago isn't looking to flip him as if he is a cap dump.

The latest J. Colliton experiment over the last few games is working. Dylan Strome has been looking GOOD at forward. And he was good at faceoffs in the Carolina series as he had a few shifts at center.

Strome is a net front presence on pretty much any second unit NHL power play. I think the Blackhawks should and are redefining his role. But he's a 20 goal scorer moving forward. His role in Chicago needs to be more laid out. Ideally ice time 17-18 minutes a night with second unit power play responsibility. I'd rather keep him as a versatile forward that roams mostly as a second line LW or RW forward, and occasionally fills in a 5-6 shifts as a 3rd line center.

And he should be treated and given a contract in the 2022-23 season in 4.5 million range. Strome is a bargain at 3 million for next season.

Kane, Debrincat, Toews, Kubalik, D. Strome he makes the list as a guy that should easily be in 4th or 5th spot next year at 20 goals. Chicago decided to keep Dylan Strome and redefine his role for 2021-2022 season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad