Proposal: PHI-CHI

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’d be looking at more of a Connor Murphy in a deal from Chicago imo
And that would not involve giving up on Patrick...fo 1.5 years of Murphy who we would have to expose in the ED.

Hawks fans...what has gone on with Strome?

72 point pace 2 years ago
54 pint pace last year
31 point pace this year

SHIT....just noticed Strome only has 2 non PP points this year!!! And has 7 on the PP. WTF???

Reactions: hmc1987

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I’d be looking at more of a Connor Murphy in a deal from Chicago imo

Hawks, needing a handful of rookies to play a bunch of minutes on D this season, probably shouldn’t move on from their most solid D not named Keith.

And that would not involve giving up on Patrick...fo 1.5 years of Murphy who we would have to expose in the ED.

54 pint pace last year
31 point pace this year

SHIT....just noticed Strome only has 2 non PP points this year!!! And has 7 on the PP. WTF???

He is a skill player who doesn’t fit in a 3C role and the Hawks have Dach and Toews... or did before this season. He also needs the right linemates because his skating (maybe read effort... unsure) is suspect.

Reactions: ORHawksFan

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hawks, needing a handful of rookies to play a bunch of minutes on D this season, probably shouldn’t move on from their most solid D not named Keith.

He is a skill player who doesn’t fit in a 3C role and the Hawks have Dach and Toews... or did before this season. He also needs the right linemates because his skating (maybe read effort... unsure) is suspect.
ok...but with Toews out this year....he should be a top 2 C, right? But 2 ES points on the year????

And if that's the case, we won't do well in Philly because Couts and Hayes will 100% play above him...and we still have Frost knocking on the door next year.

Strome to Philly really doesn't fill any need.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
ok...but with Toews out this year....he should be a top 2 C, right? But 2 ES points on the year????

And if that's the case, we won't do well in Philly because Couts and Hayes will 100% play above him...and we still have Frost knocking on the door next year.

he's had a concussion for a good part of the year and recently just came back

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
he's had a concussion for a good part of the year and recently just came back
He played 19 games before the concussion...and had 2 ES points....8 points in total That's a 35 point pace...with only 9 being at ES.

So if he needs to play in a top 6 role, well with Toews out this year, he had that opportunity or was playing in that role and it didn't translate to points.

So did 2 years ago he play with Kane the whole time...and since then his time with Kane has diminished....and his points follow? That seems logical.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

54 pint pace last year
31 point pace this year

No absolutely not you’re right I just meant if I were to make a trade with Chicago it would be for Murphy and not strome

Reactions: Tripod

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021

The Blackhawks signed an MVP, F.A. player from Europe named Pius Suter.
He has passed D. Strome on Chicago's center depth chart.

Suter is tied in goals for NHL rookie scoring with Kaprisov. Pius Suter has filled in as first line center with Toews out. Suter is also versatile enough and has played third line center. D. Strome is a second line center, only. I don't see Strome EVER being a fit when Toews & Dach return.

Nothing wrong with Dylan Strome being a 2C on a budget contract. Other teams could use his net front presence and size. Good soft hands and nice hockey IQ

Reactions: ORHawksFan

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Suter is tied in goals for NHL rookie scoring with Kaprisov. Pius Suter has filled in as first line center with Toews out. Suter is also versatile enough and has played third line center. D. Strome is a second line center, only. I don't see Strome EVER being a fit when Toews & Dach return.

Nothing wrong with Dylan Strome being a 2C on a budget contract. Other teams could use his net front presence and size. Good soft hands and nice hockey IQ
I know this.

My point is that with Toews and Dach out this year, Strome is still in a top 6 role....and has not produced. He has 2 ES points.

Last year he had the excuse of Toews and Dach being at C ahead of him. This year neither of them are playing and it's only Suter.

So the question isn't about Chicago having the depth to move him for next year. It's why the hell has he dropped to 2ES points while still playing 2nd line C behind only Suter. That will be a question every team will want to know if trading for him. 2 ES points is not a #2 C.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Philly needs a D ... Sure Murphy could fit the bill but who do the Hawks get in return?
JVR , Zayde Wisdom + 1st for Strome + Murphy

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
not sure why the flyers do this. Strome is not a good 3rd line center and that is the role he would need to play for the Flyers.
Not saying Patrick is a good 3rd line center, but I think the upside is better and it's more of a "the devil you know" situation,

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
I can't see the Blackhawks trading Murphy even for a first round pick.

D. Strome is a lottery ticket for Chicago since he's cost controlled thru 2021-22.
Might as well keep him and see what happens next year.

It makes more sense for the Blackhawks to package C. Soderberg and Calvin da Haan and retain half salary and see if those two can return a first round pick.

If that's not a good fit for the Flyers perhaps somewhere else it might work.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I can't see the Blackhawks trading Murphy even for a first round pick.

D. Strome is a lottery ticket for Chicago since he's cost controlled thru 2021-22.
Might as well keep him and see what happens next year.

It makes more sense for the Blackhawks to package C. Soderberg and Calvin da Haan and retain half salary and see if those two can return a first round pick.

If that's not a good fit for the Flyers perhaps somewhere else it might work.
nope...not trading a 1st for a Dman we would expose in the ED

Reactions: FlyguyOX

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Flyers will definitely gamble on Patrick in place of Strome

Reactions: Pertti

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
2 iffs centers to be frank and both possibly needing change of scenery. So from original post it ain't worst suggestion to be sure.

When in doubt take younger and cheaper center in Patrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad