GDT: PHI@CAR - Lose them all

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
4:2 , nice regulation loss

giphy.gif

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Breakaways tend to indicate that your team is making poor decisions with the puck. .

You think peters is telling all 5 guys to join the rush?

you think peters is telling guys to vacate the front of the net? come on.

coach has to go in cause the season is a disaster with multiple embarrassing losses and incoming new gm? sure! placing those goals specifically on peters' system? no.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
You think peters is telling all 5 guys to join the rush?

you think peters is telling guys to vacate the front of the net? come on.

coach has to go in cause the season is a disaster with multiple embarrassing losses and incoming new gm? sure! placing those goals specifically on peters' system? no.
I mean, he hasn't done anything to consistently stop this kind of stuff from happening. If he can't be held responsible, and there's nothing he can do, what exactly is the point of a coach?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I mean, he hasn't done anything to consistently stop this kind of stuff from happening. If he can't be held responsible, and there's nothing he can do, what exactly is the point of a coach?

this is the first time this year (that I've seen) in which all 5 guys joined the rush and gave up a goal.

idk what you're talking about, saying that happens constantly.

i have seen guys randomly leave the front of the net several times, though the defense is set up for there to be a guy in front at all times, so i can see that. but the goal tonight was because faulk and jwilly switched, which is also pretty rare.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
This could be the 2003 draft all over again and I still wouldn't be comfortable with him.
But his first round drafting has not been that bad.
We had to draft D for the first 2 years, Fleury seems decent, he can still grow and Hanifin has a lot of potential, he just have to keep playing and these 2 were ranked above others, so they are decent picks IMO. When we picked Bean he was best one available at that moment, but maybe he needed to do something differently. And last years pick - Necas - seems to be a steal. So I would say he drafted solid 7/10 in the first round considering all of the variables IMO.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
this is the first time this year (that I've seen) in which all 5 guys joined the rush and gave up a goal.

idk what you're talking about, saying that happens constantly.

i have seen guys randomly leave the front of the net several times, though the defense is set up for there to be a guy in front at all times, so i can see that. but the goal tonight was because faulk and jwilly switched, which is also pretty rare.
I didn't mean those boneheaded plays specifically. I mean the pattern of boneheaded plays and missed assignments in general this year. I think it's gone way up. I think we were a smart, disciplined, hard working team under Peters mostly in recent years. I think that's missing, and while I certainly think the players are responsible too, and there will be changes, I think Peters bears a ton of blame. It just seems like every game someone says the Coach didn't tell them to do that, but the same pattern of questionable plays and decisions continue. Just because a coach didn't tell them to make mistakes and blow leads, doesn't mean he's blameless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad