Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Brandon Manning (2 year, $975k AAV)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If Provorov makes the team as expected, and no other defensemen is moved out, Manning will be the Flyers 8th defensemen.

He was signed simply so the Flyers can assure themselves they reach meet the expansion exposure requirements.

They need MacDonald to play 40 games or Manning to play 14 games in this upcoming season. If neither of these events occur, they will have to expose Radko Gudas..which they are not about to do obviously.

wow very good info. Honestly didn't realize that. thanks!

its not everyday I get wow'd by information that I had no clue what so ever about... it's due to this damn expansion draft that is approaching next year haha... I find it overwhelming to look over all rules and also very lazy to do so!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
wow very good info. Honestly didn't realize that. thanks!

its not everyday I get wow'd by information that I had no clue what so ever about... it's due to this damn expansion draft that is approaching next year haha... I find it overwhelming to look over all rules and also very lazy to do so!

Tripod covered this more in depth on the previous page

Fans of other teams need to understand what Flyers fans are saying.

Philly HAD to give him 2 years to make sure they have at least 1 Dman UNDER CONTRACT to expose to Vegas. We need to play him 14 games this year...or 40 to AMac. If AMac got hurt, we would have no one to expose....so would have to expose Gudas instead of protecting him.

That's all this is. If there was no expansion, Philly only signs him for 1 year....or maybe not at all. Who knows. But we HAD to have someone to expose to Vegas.

MDZ: no contract....protect if he re-signs.
Ghost: protect
Gudas: protect
Streit: UFA next summer
Schultz: UFA next summer
Provy: obviously protected

AMac: needs to play 40 games to expose to Vegas if Manning doesn't play 14
Manning: needs you play 14 games to expose to Vegas if AMac doesn't play 40

So again....this is just as much an expansion move as it is a hockey move.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
panarin should pay half of that for riding mcdavid into the boards.

If you think that was Manning's fault :shakehead

McDavid was just a Ferrari trying to go 200 in a parking lot and crashed into the wall, that's all. It will happen again. The limiting factor on how fast a player can skate has always been ... the boards at the end of the rink.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Thanks for this signing Hextall!

Signed, every team in the Metropolitan Division.

Ah Pittsburgh the armpit of Pennsylvania. Hey is Mario Lemieux still trying to jump ship? His team wins the cup and he still wants to sell, interesting to say the least. Who is your 7th or 8th defenseman?

PS For what it is worth Mario was the greatest hockey player I ever saw play and that is for real.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
He plays D...

Depth signing I guess? Although they have a lot more talented bodies coming in on D so hopefully this doesn't take a spot any from any of them

Um, maybe I'm reading too much into this but I agree with him, I'd rather have him on my 4th line as a winger than on my defense.

TBH, I'd have just let him walk. Stupid signing IMO

Edit, considering the expansiondraft criteria, I guess it's not so bad

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad