Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (summer 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That one's Morins fault too? :laugh:

He's skating the puck behind the Kelowna net, gets no support, eventually they take it away, skate all the way back down the ice and the guy who went back to cover for him gets beat badly...
I know why he doesn't pinch very often.

He's forcing things now.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

He's skating the puck behind the Kelowna net, gets no support, eventually they take it away, skate all the way back down the ice and the guy who went back to cover for him gets beat badly...

he turned it over. Then he Half assed it back , then got juked hard by bowey which led to the 2 on 1.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
he turned it over. Then he Half assed it back , then got juked hard by bowey which led to the 2 on 1.

There were two Rimouski players back, the guy on the right side and then whoever is #10 who let Merkley go right around him.

Is Morin supposed to haul ass back and literally move #10 out of the way when he's already there? Or come back like a forward would so a trailer doesn't a prime chance?

Tedeward

Jan 24, 2014
Philly

Yeah I can understand that he's trapped pretty badly in that situation. Although, he did step up on Bowey in the neutral zone which wasnt a major cause of the goal, but it left the situation in the hands of the **** defenders and gave Bowey some extra space to dish the puck out. I hate to critique our prospects. I don't wanna become Jtown 2.0 ;)

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
There were two Rimouski players back, the guy on the right side and then whoever is #10 who let Merkley go right around him.

Is Morin supposed to haul ass back and literally move #10 out of the way when he's already there? Or come back like a forward would so a trailer doesn't a prime chance?

you can keep making excuses for him all you want. He is on the ice right now and there is nothing you can point to and say yeah MOrin looks like a top 4 nhler. He is looking horrible right now. I just want his offseason to end and start getting ready for the ahl.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah I can understand that he's trapped pretty badly in that situation. Although, he did step up on Bowey in the neutral zone which wasnt a major cause of the goal, but it left the situation in the hands of the **** defenders and gave Bowey some extra space to dish the puck out. I hate to critique our prospects. I don't wanna become Jtown 2.0 ;)

His move on Bowey wasn't good at all, but the point is he's not directly responsible for that goal.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm more worried about the shift after the goal then the shift the goal came on. It was nice to see him try to make a play with the puck. Rimouski is disoriented. Probably the worst game they played all year.

Tedeward

Jan 24, 2014
Philly
His move on Bowey wasn't good at all, but the point is he's not directly responsible for that goal.

Yeah, after the goal you could see Morin throw his hands up as if to say, "What the ****, I stepped and trusted you guys to defend!!" :laugh: He had a turnover and pinch that lead to the goal but I agree the goal wasnt his fault.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
you can keep making excuses for him all you want. He is on the ice right now and there is nothing you can point to and say yeah MOrin looks like a top 4 nhler. He is looking horrible right now. I just want his offseason to end and start getting ready for the ahl.

I'm not making excuses for him, I'm pointing out what I think is an incorrect critique.

I have no issue pointing out when someone is playing bad or getting on someones ass when I don't think they're good. I was one of the first to get on Berube, Grossmann, and Lecavelier when 99% of people on here were still fine with all three so it's not like I'm some homer who can't be critical of Flyers people or I'm gonna wait to follow the crowd. But I'm also not going to get on someone when I don't think it's deserved. I don't think Morins been great, but if I'm going to get on his ass it'll be for something that actually deserves it, not that goal.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
I'm more worried about the shift after the goal then the shift the goal came on. It was nice to see him try to make a play with the puck. Rimouski is disoriented. Probably the worst game they played all year.

Game 1 in the Q final was their worst. All this proves is that Morin needs a ton of coaching. When he was drafted the main knock was how raw he was. He's improved but still has a ways to go. No clue how he almost made the team out of camp.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Morin has not played well (but not nearly as poorly as Jtown is making it seem) but the Oceanic look like complete sh** as a team. No flow to their game at all. Merckley looks fantastic so does Draisatl.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rimouski looks like they don't even belong in this tournament.

Terrible goaltending and seems like no skilled Fwds I'm a bit behind and super pumped to see J T critical of Morin on 5 th goal. Tried a rush while down 2 and had coverage, yet still his fault , puts the critiques I to perspective.

SchennSational1022*

Why does anybody even argue with Jtown at this point? Who cares?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Terrible goaltending and seems like no skilled Fwds I'm a bit behind and super pumped to see J T critical of Morin on 5 th goal. Tried a rush while down 2 and had coverage, yet still his fault , puts the critiques I to perspective.

I am fine with the rush.

But he put his team in a vulnearable position. He would've been much better served just stalling in the corner and getting back in position.

Then he doesn't hustle to get back , then he gets shook by bowey in the neutralzone and doesn't slow him down one bit.

Thats not a critique that is a play by play

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Game 1 in the Q final was their worst. All this proves is that Morin needs a ton of coaching. When he was drafted the main knock was how raw he was. He's improved but still has a ways to go. No clue how he almost made the team out of camp.
This isn't the same player from September.

Yup. They are a really good two-way team, but they don't have enough skill up front to compete against these teams. Besides Joly, no one is much of a threat with the puck. Deluca has gone MIA. On breakouts, if the pass isn't right on the tape, its a turnover.

In the Q they would just trap and take advantage of the other teams mistakes. Doesn't work at this level.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I am fine with the rush.

But he put his team in a vulnearable position. He would've been much better served just stalling in the corner and getting back in position.

Then he doesn't hustle to get back , then he gets shook by bowey in the neutralzone and doesn't slow him down one bit.

Thats not a critique that is a play by play

Puck was a flopping turnover to Bowey after hopped over Draistl stick, no player stops Bowey there. Only way to slow him there is a hook which you would crucify him for. The no hustle had zero effect on the goal.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This isn't the same player from September.

Yup. They are a really good two-way team, but they don't have enough skill up front to compete against these teams. Besides Joly, no one is much of a threat with the puck. Deluca has gone MIA. On breakouts, if the pass isn't right on the tape, its a turnover.

In the Q they would just trap and take advantage of the other teams mistakes. Doesn't work at this level.

Makes sense as that system must of insulated the goalies as they look very weak

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

It is funny that a turnover behind the oppositions net where the other team has to come back thru all 5 guys again, get blames on Morin.

I wonder if Jets fans are on Kostalek on the last goal since he lost his man behind the Rimouskis net who then passed to LD for a goal. I certainly hope so.

Rimouski as a whole looks bad.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why does anybody even argue with Jtown at this point? Who cares?

just_don_t_look__54613.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Makes sense as that system must of insulated the goalies as they look very weak
They have been weak, but it must be difficult knowing your next goal may be your last. I can't imagine being a Dallas fan with the way Desrosiers has been handled this year. Sometimes you just have to let goalies work through a rough stretch.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It is funny that a turnover behind the oppositions net where the other team has to come back thru all 5 guys again, get blames on Morin.

I wonder if Jets fans are on Kostalek on the last goal since he lost his man behind the Rimouskis net who then passed to LD for a goal. I certainly hope so.

Rimouski as so whole looks bad.

probably not , they didn't invest a 1st rounder in kostalek, just a 4th round pick. Big difference.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Morin did not have his coming out party that's for sure. Playing poorly to end a season is terrible for fans. General fans will judge his season and future by these few games and world jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad