Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (Autumn edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What a game for Stortini. Gets knocked out seconds into the game and finishes with 2 goals. :laugh:

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
He has played horribly. Keeps turning the puck over and cannot get the puck of of the defensize zone cleanly.

His first period was good. His second period he did have a few turn overs in his own zone. I didn't catch the third. That being said, he still had two good chances at a goal before I had to leave. If his stick didn't break the second one would have been a goal.

Don't talk about our all star kids like that lol.

I would think you'd like Morin. Big, skates well, hits hard. Exactly what you always complain about the team lacking.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Weekly Prospect Update
AHL
Nick Cousins - 8GP 3G 6A 9PTS +5
Petr Straka - 12GP 6G 2A 8PTS +2
Taylor Leier - 12GP 3G 4A 7PTS -1
Shayne Gostisbehere - 12GP 1G 6A 7PTS -5
Danick Martel - 7GP 3G 2A 5PTS -2
Mark Alt - 12GP 0G 4A 4PTS +5
Tyrell Goulbourne - 12GP 3G 0A 3PTS -5
Cole Bardreau - 4GP 0G 1A 1PTS +3
Jesper Pettersson - 6GP 0G 1A 1PTS 0
Samuel Morin - 12GP 0G 1A 1PTS +1
Robert Hagg - 4GP 0G 0A 0PTS -4
Christian Marti - 2GP 0G 0A 0PTS -5
Anthony Stolarz - 6GP 3-3-0 1.86GAA .925SV% 0SO

CHL (OHL, QMJHL, & WHL)
Travis Konecny - 17GP 5G 21A 26PTS +3
Radel Fazleev - 20GP 11G 12A 23PTS -6
Travis Sanheim - 18GP 6G 16A 22PTS +1
Philippe Myers - 20GP 8G 9A 17PTS +17
Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 16GP 9G 7A 16PTS +10
Ivan Provorov - 18GP 3G 13A 16PTS +14
Samuel Dove-McFalls - 5GP 1G 2A 3PTS +1

Czech Extraliga
David Kase - 15GP 1G 0A 1PTS -6

KHL
Valeri Vasiliev - 2GP 0G 0A 0PTS 0
Mikhail Vorobyov - 14GP 4G 12A 16PTS +6 (MHL), 4GP 0G 0A 0PTS 0 (KHL)
Ivan Fedotov - 11GP 8-2-1 2.11GAA .911SV% 0SO (MHL)

NCAA
Cooper Marody - 6GP 3G 4A 7PTS +1
Terrance Amorosa - 4GP 1G 3A 4PTS +2
Reece Willcox - 4GP 1G 3A 4PTS -1
Mark Friedman - 9GP 0G 2A 2PTS +5
David Drake - 9GP 0G 1A 1PTS -1
Merrick Madsen - 2GP 2-0-0 1.00GAA .956SV% 1SO
Matej Tomek -

SHL
Oskar Lindblom - 16GP 3G 9A 12PTS +11
Felix Sandstrom - 8GP 5-3-0 2.81GAA .904SV% 0SO

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Is 20 games still a SSS?
Because Philippe Myers is staying neck and neck with Provorov.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Is 20 games still a SSS?
Because Philippe Myers is staying neck and neck with Provorov.

Pretty sick that he is one of the highest scoring defenseman in the qmjhl. He is right handed defenseman who is 6' 4'' and skates well. Would be a huge coup if he ends up being a steal.

Overall, we have a really nice group of defensive prospects: Sanheim, Provorov, Gostisebehere, Morin, Hagg, Myers and Marti. I hope they give Alt a look at the NHL level to see if he is worth keeping beyond this season. I also hope they manage to sign Nikita Zaitsev, another right handed defenseman. Its frustrating that we have to wait probably another two seasons before these prospects are making an impact on the big club.

Flyers among group of teams pursuing Zaitsev: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-flames-canucks-pursuing-top-russian-prospect/

Last edited:

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Pretty sick that he is one of the highest scoring defenseman in the qmjhl. He is right handed defenseman who is 6' 4'' and skates well. Would be a huge coup if he ends up being a steal.

Overall, we have a really nice group of defensive prospects: Sanheim, Provorov, Gostisebehere, Morin, Hagg, Myers and Marti. I hope they give Alt a look at the NHL level to see if he is worth keeping beyond this season. I also hope they manage to sign Nikita Zaitsev, another right handed defenseman. Its frustrating that we have to wait probably another two seasons before these prospects are making an impact on the big club.

Flyers among group of teams pursuing Zaitsev: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-flames-canucks-pursuing-top-russian-prospect/

Don't forget Friedman, another RHD.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Morin only has 1 point this season? Has he at least been good defensively?

I only watched part of the third period last night and a couple of AHL games this year. I am sure people can give a better evaluation than me who have watched him more.

This is my take: At times, he has alot of trouble getting the puck out of his zone and can repeatedly turn the puck over. That said, at times he does show good skating ability and an ability to hold onto the puck and skate it up the ice. He needs at least one season at the AHL level. He needs to work on his defensive game and his offensive game. He has intriguing size and skating ability. He can carry the puck and made a good pass, but he still needs to work on his defensive and offensive game. I am not saying he is a bad prospect, but he is not ready to be on the team next year. I am not sure of his offensive upside.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
I only watched part of the third period last night and a couple of AHL games this year. I am sure people can give a better evaluation than me who have watched him more.

This is my take: At times, he has alot of trouble getting the puck out of his zone and can repeatedly turn the puck over. That said, at times he does show good skating ability and an ability to hold onto the puck and skate it up the ice. He needs at least one season at the AHL level. He needs to work on his defensive game and his offensive game. He has intriguing size and skating ability. He can carry the puck and made a good pass, but he still needs to work on his defensive and offensive game. I am not saying he is a bad prospect, but he is not ready to be on the team next year. I am not sure of his offensive upside.

Thanks for the evaluation

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Remember that when we drafted Morin, we had no Sanheim or Provorov. Since those 2 and Ghost will be taking lots of offensive minutes on D and especially on the PP, Morin's point totals will likely never amount to much. Much like Coburn, with Timonen, Pronger and Carle around, he was more needed defensively.

Someone's offense on D has to be sacficed for D. Might as be a mean SOB who can be a beast defensively at some point.

I love our MIX of D. Not all the same type of guy. I also like that they can all skate. That is needed so much in today's game.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I've watched several Phantoms games and I've been impressed with him. He's been solid in his own zone but hasn't gotten much of an opportunity to put up numbers on offense. I suspect that the organization wants him to really solidify his defense, that will probably be his main role for the Flyers given that Ghost, Sanheim, and Provorov will likely be the more offensive d-men.

But Morin's been good, he moves very well and I think he generally makes good, quick decisions with the puck. Positioning seems pretty good and uses his size/reach well.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
While watching Morin the past couple of years the one thing I noticed is generally his "down" games come on the back end of a back-to-back or a back-to-back-to-back. Think he mentioned this in an interview as well. Not sure if its a mental or physical conditioning thing or what. Luckily the NHL schedule is spread out more than a CHL or AHL schedule.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Hextall dropped the ball on the decision to sign Labarbera.

Why didn't he just resign Zepp who is still an unrestricted free agent.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Hextall dropped the ball on the decision to sign Labarbera.

Why didn't he just resign Zepp who is still an unrestricted free agent.

I don't understand why Stolarz does not get more starts. He is the better goalie and why not give the prospect more game time. I don't get it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They need to keep him "sharp" in case he's needed for a callup. But if he doesn't pick it up Stolarz might take over the #3 role.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
For those asking, yes Morin had a down game yesterday. I didn't see the game on Saturday in Syracuse, but the previous 4 games he was very good. As Flyguy mentioned it was the end of a 3 in 3 with travel. So it's not that alarming. Morin was really up and down early in the season but he's coming along fine now.

I'm not alarmed by the lack of points. As this team is struggling to find offense lately with Martel and now Cousins missed time. This team is not deep offensively and it seems they are 2 out of 3 of there best point producing forwards.

I think both Morin and Ghost started slow. Which is understandable and somewhat expected since one is making his pro debut and the other missed last season. Both have quietly turned it up a notch lately and shown strides.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

He's been really picking it up as the season goes along. Yesterday was the 3rd game in 3 days, and it showed for him. He was a bit off. He doesn't get much in the way of offensive chances. He starts in the D zone most often and when there is an offensive zone faceoff the Gostisbehere/AMac pairing is generally put out there. That being said, he had two good chances to score yesterday, one was on the PP the other was a back door shot that he broke his stick on. He is really solid defensively and I think the offense will come a long more as the season progresses.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The guy everyone wanted that year, Josh Morrissey, has 0 points in 11 games and is -3. And that's a guy that needs to produce offensively to be effective at the next level.

If and when MacDonald and Gostisbehere get promoted I think you'll see his production pick up. The guys up front need to pick it up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad