Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Now I have Rob Base "It Takes Two" stuck in my head.

Believe me, that was the very first thing I thought of when I saw that sign, but since I can recite every word to that song, I did so and was reminded that Rob says "I'm NOT internationally known" ("but I'm known to rock the microphone because I get stupid, I mean outrageous ..."), whereas Bunny IS internationally known, obviously.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's like that, only he wears a lobster bib around his neck at all times :laugh: His poor wife is so nice, too - having to put up with that seems unfair.
If you saw the Menu thread, I DID have lobster on the weekend while away golfing. But you would be proud to know that I did turn down the bib option!

As for golf, I used to be half decent. Lowest round ever is 77 back in 2008 but used to shoot low 80's pretty consistent. Won club championship as a youngster growing up. But now, I only get out a few times a year at most and the last decade, have certainly gotten worse. Shot 97, 95 and 92 on the weekends 3 rounds. Improved everyday but also played 3 different courses. PEI is a great getaway for those who do like to golf...and loves seafood!!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Believe me, that was the very first thing I thought of when I saw that sign, but since I can recite every word to that song, I did so and was reminded that Rob says "I'm NOT internationally known" ("but I'm known to rock the microphone because I get stupid, I mean outrageous ..."), whereas Bunny IS internationally known, obviously.

Yes, but it was going to be you rapping, not Bunny.

Though I guess you're known in Asia and Canada and the US so it doesn't hold true for you either.

Speaking of being in countries with bird flu, stay away from me, if you're contagious.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
If you saw the Menu thread, I DID have lobster on the weekend while away golfing. But you would be proud to know that I did turn down the bib option!

As for golf, I used to be half decent. Lowest round ever is 77 back in 2008 but used to shoot low 80's pretty consistent. Won club championship as a youngster growing up. But now, I only get out a few times a year at most and the last decade, have certainly gotten worse. Shot 97, 95 and 92 on the weekends 3 rounds. Improved everyday but also played 3 different courses. PEI is a great getaway for those who do like to golf...and loves seafood!!
i love natalie gulbis, britney and brooke henderson this is pretty much the extent of liking golf for me anymore lol

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Not really I've fluctuated between a 5 and 6 handicap for like 9 years now and still hate it. If anything it's more frustrating the better you get. Look at the pros, those guys are ****ing pissed off 95% of the time because no matter how good you are, you still always think you could of done better. When you suck you're usually there to slam a case and drive go carts. You could give two ****s how you play.
Your problem is you are not drinking near enough before you go out on the course. Try at least 8 beer or 5 shots of hard stuff as a primer then all those f ups won't bother you near as much . Truth me I'm a doctor.

Reactions: Philly Phish

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Your problem is you are not drinking near enough before you go out on the course. Try at least 8 beer or 5 shots of hard stuff as a primer then all those f ups won't bother you near as much . Truth me I'm a doctor.
^This guy clearly golfs. I used to joke with my buddies I golfed with in college that the first 18 holes are just a warm-up for the 19th hole.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
the flyers proudly present a ron hextall film titled drink my kool aid lol
Orange Kool-Aid.jpg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
the flyers proudly present a ron hextall film titled drink my kool aid lol
Not sure what's wrong with him saying, 'if we have go young back there, we will.' Esp. when he let Manning walk already. I like the idea of having Provy-Ghost, Sanheim-Gudas and MacD-Hagg as the pairings, with Myers due to make an appearance, if he doesn't outright make the team at camp, and Morin coming back at mid-season-ish. A very good young D, as we've all been patiently waiting for. I have always believed that you need a mix of vets on the team, but if your vet is AMac, you can do without.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Not sure what's wrong with him saying, 'if we have go young back there, we will.' Esp. when he let Manning walk already. I like the idea of having Provy-Ghost, Sanheim-Gudas and MacD-Hagg as the pairings, with Myers due to make an appearance, if he doesn't outright make the team at camp, and Morin coming back at mid-season-ish. A very good young D, as we've all been patiently waiting for. I have always believed that you need a mix of vets on the team, but if your vet is AMac, you can do without.
nothing wrong with him saying it. i just don't believe everything he says.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He'll sign a 7th veteran D, possibly Manning now that Morin is out forever, and that veteran will play over Sanheim or Hagg. That's basically a guarantee.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Looks like Salinitri wont be getting a contract.
This doesn't really amount to much (unless Salinitri pulls something unforeseen like a Briere, St. Louis, Marchessault). But in the back of my head, with the amount of picks the Flyers have actually had, and have already signed, and still have into the future, it just niggles at me the gospel that trading futures for current help is just a patent wrong move. 6th rounder, not sexy, 2nd/3rd/4th - much sexier. But holding out hope that draft picks will all develop to fill the acknowledged holes that exist today seems a fool's errand.

/rambling

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This doesn't really amount to much (unless Salinitri pulls something unforeseen like a Briere, St. Louis, Marchessault). But in the back of my head, with the amount of picks the Flyers have actually had, and have already signed, and still have into the future, it just niggles at me the gospel that trading futures for current help is just a patent wrong move. 6th rounder, not sexy, 2nd/3rd/4th - much sexier. But holding out hope that draft picks will all develop to fill the acknowledged holes that exist today seems a fool's errand.

/rambling

Another way to look at it is the Flyers are so deep, they can be more picky with who they choose to sign. If this was the Holmgren era, we'd have to sign Salinitri because.......we'd have f*** all after him! :laugh:

But he's nothing special, and they can save the minutes and contract spot for someone better. Such is their luxury. A 6th rounder is of such minimal value in a trade too. If we regularly had high picks busting, maybe. But we don't. They've been so stellar in drafting to the point that you could argue each pick has increased value -- and I mean that both in players increasing their individual value post-draft and each pick pre-draft holding increased value in this team's possession. I don't want to sound like trading picks in a great move now and for the future isn't worth it. Just that to this point it's hard to gripe with amassing all these picks and hitting on almost all of them. And I'm not sure for whom we should have changed that plan.

We turned Cooper Marody, a 6th, into a 3rd. Tanner Laczynski is a top 10 prospect. Lycksell and Kalynuk are likely top 15 prospects for us 1 year out from being drafted. Myers was undrafted. Go back 1 round to the 5th, and we have Kase, Lindblom, Hogberg, Cates. I mean that's at least 1/3 of our top 15. These should be important contributors. That's a lot better than the alternative of trading for -- realistically -- bums with mid-late picks. Really, when you think about it, the thought that the Flyers can overdraft in the mid-late rounds could bode well for trading some 1sts or 2nds in the future for the right deal without depleting the pool. Because you don't get impact players trading 3rds and 4ths and 5ths and 6ths. But the Flyers sure are drafting impact players there.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Another way to look at it is the Flyers are so deep, they can be more picky with who they choose to sign. If this was the Holmgren era, we'd have to sign Salinitri because.......we'd have **** all after him! :laugh:

But he's nothing special, and they can save the minutes and contract spot for someone better. Such is their luxury. A 6th rounder is of such minimal value in a trade too. If we regularly had high picks busting, maybe. But we don't. They've been so stellar in drafting to the point that you could argue each pick has increased value -- and I mean that both in players increasing their individual value post-draft and each pick pre-draft holding increased value in this team's possession. I don't want to sound like trading picks in a great move now and for the future isn't worth it. Just that to this point it's hard to gripe with amassing all these picks and hitting on almost all of them. And I'm not sure for whom we should have changed that plan.

We turned Cooper Marody, a 6th, into a 3rd. Tanner Laczynski is a top 10 prospect. Lycksell and Kalynuk are likely top 15 prospects for us 1 year out from being drafted. Myers was undrafted. Go back 1 round to the 5th, and we have Kase, Lindblom, Hogberg, Cates. I mean that's at least 1/3 of our top 15. These should be important contributors. That's a lot better than the alternative of trading for -- realistically -- bums with mid-late picks. Really, when you think about it, the thought that the Flyers can overdraft in the mid-late rounds could bode well for trading some 1sts or 2nds in the future for the right deal without depleting the pool. Because you don't get impact players trading 3rds and 4ths and 5ths and 6ths. But the Flyers sure are drafting impact players there.
I agree with you, and that's why I'm frustrated. It's as if, because the Flyers have such a decent talent pool now, we shouldn't risk adding future players to that pool because if it dries up, the Flyers will be bad. Contra-thought, if the Flyers talent pool dries up, it's because those good picks are on the Flyers, and thus the talent pool has fulfilled it's mission of slacking the need of a thirsty team needing talent.

tl;dr- Because the prospect pool is so rich now, I trade futures for current (lasting) help, and when the time arises, flip some guy that won't be as necessary here for more of the same when optimal, e.g. Cooper Marody.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I agree with you, and that's why I'm frustrated. It's as if, because the Flyers have such a decent talent pool now, we shouldn't risk adding future players to that pool because if it dries up, the Flyers will be bad. Contra-thought, if the Flyers talent pool dries up, it's because those good picks are on the Flyers, and thus the talent pool has fulfilled it's mission of slacking the need of a thirsty team needing talent.

tl;dr- Because the prospect pool is so rich now, I trade futures for current (lasting) help, and when the time arises, flip some guy that won't be as necessary here for more of the same when optimal, e.g. Cooper Marody.
I'm sure they weren't worried about volume of prospects in deciding on Salinitri. The question is: is this guy going to make it in the NHL someday? If the answer is a firm 'no' then they should not offer NHL contract. They can still offer him AHL/ECHL if he doesn't find another taker. I don't think they saw Marody as NHL material so getting something for him now is better than seeing him walk.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm sure they weren't worried about volume of prospects in deciding on Salinitri. The question is: is this guy going to make it in the NHL someday? If the answer is a firm 'no' then they should not offer NHL contract. They can still offer him AHL/ECHL if he doesn't find another taker. I don't think they saw Marody as NHL material so getting something for him now is better than seeing him walk.
My issue is definitely not with individual prospects Salinitiri, nor Marody. I'm actually happy they traded Marody because I have an unhealthy hate towards the collegiate affiliation he recently departed. Having to root for someone from that place makes me sick. (Ugh, Brandom Graham, still conflicted.)

My point is about the drooling over futures as this great mystery box. Do you want the boat, or the mystery box? The mystery box could be anything, even a boat. Just give me a f***ing boat instead of these broken skijets (Weise, Lehtera, etc. etc.).

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Now I have Rob Base "It Takes Two" stuck in my head.
You said "It Takes Two" and my mind immediately went to Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston... why I have no idea. It's not like it came out ~30 years before I was born or anything.

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the Rod Stewart version or something

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You said "It Takes Two" and my mind immediately went to Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston... why I have no idea. It's not like it came out ~30 years before I was born or anything.

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of the Rod Stewart version or something

I thought of the Donnie and Marie show. My sister and I watched it every Friday evening. Go ask you parents' older siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad