Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Yes, sir. Love the oldies. :)

the 4 horsemen, dusty Rhoades, the road warriors, nakita koloff,jimmy "the boogie man" valiant the list goes on and on loved all that great stuff and thanks for posting the videos.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Ah yes, the classic Vorobyev to early 80s Memphis transition. What in the world happened in here? :laugh:
What are you? Some egg-sucklng dog? Don't ruin the vibe.

On-topic: If Sam Morin turns out to be the NHL equivalent of Mike Rotunda, we'll all be satisfied with the draft pick and slower than expected promotion to the big club.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What are you? Some egg-sucklng dog? Don't ruin the vibe.

On-topic: If Sam Morin turns out to be the NHL equivalent of Mike Rotunda, we'll all be satisfied with the draft pick and slower than expected promotion to the big club.

I’m sure you meant the WWF or Varsity Club version, but now I really want to hear @Captain Dave Poulin explain someone dressing like this.

Rotunda-31.jpg

Reactions: Ruck Over

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m sure you meant the WWF or Varsity Club version, but now I really want to hear @Captain Dave Poulin explain someone dressing like this.

Rotunda-31.jpg

Obviously, this guy - like myself - grew up on reruns of "Gilligan's Island" - unlike me, however, that led this guy into complete over-the-top America's Cup fandom. He quite clearly bought himself a boat as a result, which we all know is a good way to lose your money. Losing your cocaine habit is less easy, apparently, and it's a very slippery slope from Gilligan to America's Cup to boat ownership to cocaine addiction to jumping into the ring at wrestling events.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Obviously, this guy - like myself - grew up on reruns of "Gilligan's Island" - unlike me, however, that led this guy into complete over-the-top America's Cup fandom. He quite clearly bought himself a boat as a result, which we all know is a good way to lose your money. Losing your cocaine habit is less easy, apparently, and it's a very slippery slope from Gilligan to America's Cup to boat ownership to cocaine addiction to jumping into the ring at wrestling events.

I clicked 'like' for this post but I have no idea why.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Trial on the Isle to start Dev Camp on the 26th according to Dave Isaac

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It makes better sense for the drafted kids to go there right after the draft, than to delay it till July.
I wonder if that's the reason they did it.

Although I believe the Flyers always held their camp very late compared to every other team.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
There camp is much longer than most 7-8 days most are 4-5 days and flyers were are on the later end of them . This year kids are arriving 25-26 and leaving on 3rd i beleive is what i saw

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Hextall is probably on the fence, and the decision will depend on three factors;
1) how much strength Frost can add this summer, not so much bulking up but just naturally getting stronger with good training
2) who they sign/trade for this offseason, a top 3C makes the decision easier
3) how Frost looks in camp v Vorobyev, Bardreau, MV and Knight, he'll lose all ties, if he's not clearly superior, back to juniors.

I don't think there's much doubt that Frost will be a top 6 center, the only question is when, Ron won't keep him unless he's going to play 12-14 minutes a night as the 3C, but if he goes back to juniors, write him in as the starting 3C in 2019-20. Given his skill set, I don't think they have any interest in playing him at wing, he's much more valuable as a C.

Reactions: hatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad