Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Post draft 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who the heck is Fitzgerald?
McMaster at least played for the Marlies last year, 56g 11-19 30, so he can add depth in a COVID season.
And they needed a goalie with Lyon on the taxi squad and Ustimenko out.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Who the heck is Fitzgerald?
McMaster at least played for the Marlies last year, 56g 11-19 30, so he can add depth in a COVID season.
And they needed a goalie with Lyon on the taxi squad and Ustimenko out.

Played for the baby Bruins last year. Decent AHL middle sixer.

Him and MacMaster are both similar level guys. I guess slot in on AHL 3rd line together maybe.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Think Attard’s skating issues are overblown. He’s not a great skater by any means but he gets around the ice quite well and more than enough given his size and potential range. Calling out his skating is missing the forest for the trees IMO. He doesn’t anticipate plays well and that can get him out of position and give the appearance of a bad skater. Whether it was his fault or not, three skaters got in behind him for a breakaway last night. I don’t see a top 4 path for him, so he’s going to have to clean up his game. I think most coaches are going to be reluctant to play a “mistake” prone player on the third pair.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Attard is a turret from the blueline. 2020-2021 Season in 16 Games Played:

80 Shots On Goal (All-Situations)
110 Shot Attempts (All-Situations)

53 Shots On Goal (Even-Strength)
75 Shot Attempts (Even-Strength)

24 Shots On Goal (PP)
34 Shot Attempts (PP)

72.73 Shots Through% (All-Situations)
70.67 Shots Through% (Even-Strength)
70.59 Shots Through% (PP)

The Shots Through% are very, very good. How valuable are turrets though? I’d argue not that valuable. This is a player who takes his shot no matter what. Even if a viable passing option is available. He doesn’t use his teammates well (or enough).

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

24 Shots On Goal (PP)
34 Shot Attempts (PP)

The Shots Through% are very, very good. How valuable are turrets though? I’d argue not that valuable. This is a player who takes his shot no matter what. Even if a viable passing option is available. He doesn’t use his teammates well (or enough).

I'll hold my 'like' as I ask whether this is a factor of the team strategy or whether Attard just has tunnel vision on his own, Ted, or how productive his teammates are at converting his passes (when he does).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
St. Ivany SH assist.

I'll hold my 'like' as I ask whether this is a factor of the team strategy or whether Attard just has tunnel vision on his own, Ted, or how productive his teammates are at converting his passes (when he does).
He had one primary assist all year last year. He’s a shoot first and second player. Granted that’s his one plus attribute but you don’t really want your defensemen taking shots from the point.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
St. Ivany SH assist.

He had one primary assist all year last year. He’s a shoot first and second player. Granted that’s his one plus attribute but you don’t really want your defensemen taking shots from the point.

I agree completely, FLY, but I don't know at all what their team offense looks like to figure out whether this is by design. If the forwards all head for the net with the intent of tips or smacking in rebounds, that's one thing, and it's a poor look for Attard if he leaves his teammates hanging when they are in a better shooting position.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I agree completely, FLY, but I don't know at all what their team offense looks like to figure out whether this is by design. If the forwards all head for the net with the intent of tips or smacking in rebounds, that's one thing, and it's a poor look for Attard if he leaves his teammates hanging when they are in a better shooting position.
Yeah I get what you are saying. WMU doesn’t have a lot of talent but I think this is by his own design. Could be coaching, but his 1:1 goal:assist ratio as a defenseman prior to WMU suggests that’s just the kind of player he’s always been. You don’t score 30 goals without being a shoot first player.

Even if we take out his play in the OZ, you can tell in the DZ, passing/playmaking does not come easily to him. Especially when you compare him to a prospect of similar standing like St. Ivany who is a pretty natural passer who has feel for lanes and such.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Yeah I get what you are saying. WMU doesn’t have a lot of talent but I think this is by his own design. Could be coaching, but his 1:1 goal:assist ratio as a defenseman prior to WMU suggests that’s just the kind of player he’s always been. You don’t score 30 goals without being a shoot first player.

Even if we take out his play in the OZ, you can tell in the DZ, passing/playmaking does not come easily to him. Especially when you compare him to a prospect of similar standing like St. Ivany who is a pretty natural passer who has feel for lanes and such.

That's good enough for me, FLY. Thanks for your usual insightfulness and for reminding me why I hired you as my Director of Scouting. ;)

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

He’s always been a Turret. Definitely not a team specific strategy

Reactions: BernieParent

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

24 Shots On Goal (PP)
34 Shot Attempts (PP)

BOMBS AWAY BABYYY

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I knew before I even clicked on the link.

Still can't finish.

Good news:
Bobby Brink is on CBS SN vs UND Monday night. Everyone can enjoy after the Flyers game.

Bad news:
cut.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad