Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Nov.-Dec. edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
How the hell is that not a roughing minor or something to even it up? 2 Americans players just start shoving Miele while play is going on

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Let me guess...wondering why Sanheim's shifts the last 5 minutes kept going to Hagg? I was thinking that myself. Trust him to shutdown top lines and take on the toughest d minutes, but then skip his shifts late? All while still playing the two defensively suspect vets, and even together at times? Huh.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Let me guess...wondering why Sanheim's shifts the last 5 minutes kept going to Hagg? I was thinking that myself. Trust him to shutdown top lines and take on the toughest d minutes, but then skip his shifts late? All while still playing the two defensively suspect vets, and even together at times? Huh.

You guys know me too well.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Let me guess...wondering why Sanheim's shifts the last 5 minutes kept going to Hagg? I was thinking that myself.

Well he did get two 15 second shifts.

I'm still trying to figure out the plan with him. Presumably they want him to polish up his defensive game. Understandable. You would think defending a 1 goal lead late in the game might be a good experience for him though. It's not like he hasn't shown to be a capable defender at that level. And what has Robert Hagg done between last year and this year to get those minutes? Sure he's playing better, but he's hardly a difference maker in those situations. He left Justin Bailey all alone tonight for no reason in what should have tied the game.

I can somewhat understand limiting Sanheim offensively to focus defensively. That makes sense to me, but it doesn't seem to me that he's getting enough opportunities in that area either. I know Bill told us not to question management's plan and maybe he's right. I don't have experience in player development, but I do know you need to play to develop. There is no substitute for playing. It feels like there are times in a game where he goes 5-6 minutes of game time without a shift. That seems absurd to me.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
Was looking for highlights of Sanheim's goal and Morin's fight, and found this:

Kinda choppy/crappy highlights, but the best I've found as of yet.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Morin is my favorite D prospect! He adds such a different element to our D and is the perfect compliment to the skill guys.

I like that he let up on him and didn't throw a punch when he clearly had the guy at a disadvantage. I love the ragdoll though....shows others how strong he is and should certainly get guys to 2nd guess going with him. He did give him a forearm to the head and into the ice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad