Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (mid-year edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There is a window to sign undrafted CHL players in between the draft and the start of the regular season. If they are unsigned they go back into the draft pool the next season.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
uh yeas that is just their problem, it is quite difficult to develop a competent defense core when you're relying only on free agents and first round picked forwards.

also this whole "poisoned" and "edmonton ruins players" garbage needs to stop, yakupov sucks and is a bust but outside of that their high first round picks are all been great players, there is just literally no forward or defense depth around them on the team whatsoever, again, due to the drafting.

Bob McKenzie was on Edmonton’s TSN 1260 on Monday morning.

On what he takes away from Edmonton Oilers head coach Todd McLellan’s level of frustration from Saturday night, as far as the team moving forward with this group:

“What it suggests to me is that there’s a price to be paid for all the losing in Edmonton, and that the core group of players on this team may well be what I would say – use the word – damaged. By damaged I guess I mean having the wrong mindset, psyche, psychologically. Just the constant losing, revolving door of coaches and management regimes, and just seemingly a bunch of players individually and then almost collectively losing their way.
“…You have to be really here that you don’t – I always used to say don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. But this is a clear indication that this group needs to be radically altered. It’s not just what’s missing, it’s what the group that’s there isn’t doing.
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-damaged-oilers-need-to-be-radically-altered/

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
A losing culture is extremely hard to turn around unless you have the right management in place. For the longest time Edmonton was run down and run like a gong show so their process has been delayed plenty.

Like the article states there. They need to move those players (Hall, Yak, Eberle most likely who they are referring to) for players that will change the environment. McDavid helps but one player can't do it all by themselves.

I would pay a hefty price for Taylor Hall. I know where everyone starts the bidding with Provorov but I look at the Seguin deal for a player like Hall. Change the player and culture of the team, management will usually ask for veteran players who have sound character and want to win.

We always think the price to acquire a player are astronomical but when that players name is in the rumor mill, most likely you will not absolutely break the bank trying to get him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A losing culture is extremely hard to turn around unless you have the right management in place. For the longest time Edmonton was run down and run like a gong show so their process has been delayed plenty.

Like the article states there . They need to move those players (Hall, Yak, Eberle most likely who they are referring to) for players that will change the environment. McDavid helps but one player can't do it all by themselves.

I would pay a hefty price for Taylor Hall. I know where everyone starts the bidding with Provorov but I look at the Seguin deal for a player like Hall. Change the player and culture of the team, management will usually ask for veteran players who have sound character and want to win.

We always think the price to acquire a player are astronomical but when that players name is in the rumor mill, most likely you will not absolutely break the bank trying to get him.

With Schenn being an RFA, I wonder if a Schenn for Hall deal would work for both clubs.

Hall is the more dynamic of the two and a natural LW. Schenn would bring the lunch pail attitude that their forwards lack and would signify a culture shift.

I would do it but wouldnt add much.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really wouldn't mind staying away from that entire crew from the first rebuild there in Edmonton. They've been doing what they want to for way too many years now that a veteran coach like McLellan was pulling his hair out this year because they continued to do it still.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Edmonton would never do that.

I dont see why not..

Schenns 29 goals last season are more than Hall has ever scored and he brings other elements to the game that Hall doesnt to bridge the gap between their playmaking abilities.

Schenn also may be able to be signed cheaper than the $6 million Hall makes.

If we were to add a piece like Hagg or a 2nd I can see it being realistic.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I dont see why not..

Schenns 29 goals last season are more than Hall has ever scored and he brings other elements to the game that Hall doesnt to bridge the gap between their playmaking abilities.

Schenn also may be able to be signed cheaper than the $6 million Hall makes.

If we were to add a piece like Hagg or a 2nd I can see it being realistic.

Schenn is older and just had his best season of 59 points. Hall had 65 and also has a 80 point season under his belt. A 2nd would not come close to getting them interested.

Hall is a top 5 LW. They would only trade him to fix their biggest issue...a top RHD...and rightfully so.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Quality right handed defensemen don't grow on trees. Edmonton & just about every other team around the league is looking for them. So they're not really going to get far in trade discussions around the league if that's what their sticking point is.

I think they end up trading RNH this summer though, for a package of assets (not so much a hockey trade).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'll double check closer to 10, but I might have a way to watch it. If I do I'll send it to you.

I found one. Was hoping to DVR on my Xfinity box. NHL Network is only showing a 1 hour replay tomorrow. Oh well.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I found one. Was hoping to DVR on my Xfinity box. NHL Network is only showing a 1 hour replay tomorrow. Oh well.

Oh good. Sorry wasn't able to find one since my internet went out like 90 minutes ago and searching on my phone would have been tough. ****ing ISP has been ******* around all week and it keeps going in and out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Schenn is older and just had his best season of 59 points. Hall had 65 and also has a 80 point season under his belt. A 2nd would not come close to getting them interested.

Hall is a top 5 LW. They would only trade him to fix their biggest issue...a top RHD...and rightfully so.

Thats fair..but who is going to trade a top RHD and how are they going to change their culture when nobody poney's up with an offer?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Thats fair..but who is going to trade a top RHD and how are they going to change their culture when nobody poney's up with an offer?

Who knows? Maybe they take the chance on Shattinkirk and hope they can re-sign him. Or go after Vatanen in a lesser deal.

Point is, they don't trade Hall for a lesser winger and picks. He only needs to get moved to actually fill a need.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly

Like the article states there. They need to move those players (Hall, Yak, Eberle most likely who they are referring to) for players that will change the environment. McDavid helps but one player can't do it all by themselves.

I still wish the Flyers had made a trade for Seguin those years ago! :cry:
Don't think Hall is as good as Seguin is. Plus C is way more important than W. I probably wouldn't add much to Schenn in a trade for Hall. Highly doubt Edmonton touches that :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just had a great PK.

Jumped into the rush to create a 2-1 scoring chance. Cleared the puck that almost led to a 2-0.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He gets his stick on so many pucks.

That one timer on the PP was pretty nice too. Just missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad