Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Jan.-Feb. edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
#6 was all over the ice tonight.

I've been dying to see 3v3 OT but the Phantoms always find a way to get or give up the go ahead goal late in the 3rd period.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Bottom line when hockey players get a concussions they do not come to Philadelphia for treatment. So you can't blame fans for wanting players to take a long time off to avoid serious injury. Flyers and concussion mistreatment have some legit history, Lindros, Primeau, Lappy, Pronger.. etc .
Ultimate as Flyers fans, we are all on the same team so shutting down talented d-man after such injuries is not such a bad plan.

Pronger, lappy, and primeau werent mistreated, lindros yes but primeau wanted to come back early, lappy and pronger however werent mistreated nor were they forced to come back

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wouldnt need an exact quote because your posts imply exactly that --- and if I'm wrong and you're actually saying that you don't think they're exactly right, then it's completely illogical of you to to agree with their exact timelines and not err on the side of caution.

Your entire argument is based on the false assumption that these doctors who work for the Flyers and have the final say, aren't already erring on the side of caution. They and the organization they work for have no incentive whatsoever to rush a player back for CHL regular season games.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Your entire argument is based on the false assumption that these doctors who work for the Flyers and have the final say, aren't already erring on the side of caution. They and the organization they work for have no incentive whatsoever to rush a player back for CHL regular season games.

You clearly missed the part where I went out of my way to say I wasn't arguing, and Im not saying that no caution is taken, my opinion is that there simple isnt enough of it taken.

Anyways, if you can watch the 4 short videos on this link you can clearly get the picture of how rudimentary the current evaluation processes really is. This is really a first step into using actual measurable data and having credible means of diagnosing severity and recovery.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadian-made-blood-test-for-concussions-could-radically-simplify-diagnosis-1.3223579

"The advantage of the tests are that we can diagnose concussion accurately, it takes away away the guessing, and it will also help us understand the severity of the concussion, and perhaps help us understanding the rehabilitation and when the healing process is complete."

"The blood test could have helped me tremendously because I returned to play prior to when I should have, maybe a couple of weeks to soon, but we didn't know that because I was feeling ok, I was skating, I was working out, and everything was going ok for me, but my brain really wasn't ready to get hit again so if they could have determined that using my blood, that could have saved my hockey career....."

"Any young athletes, please just be very careful and dont just take this lightly because its a very severe injury and even though you cant see it, it can do a lot of damage so just be careful, take the extra precaution, I know you're gonna be itching to get back and play but take an extra couple of weeks and really make sure your brains healed"

These are the kinds of quotes that clearly show the absence of real tangible methods of evaluation. The leaders of this cutting edge research are presumably some of the most informed types of individuals on the topic of concussions. They show a genuine concern in these videos specifically for hockey players that are returning from concussions too soon based on modern testing and timelines, the research was conducted specifically on hockey players.

My opinion is that not enough caution is taken especially with younger players. This all paints a very clear picture why.

Incredible how stuff like this can be read and watched and we still have a group of posters literally talking down to another group of people who realize the logic and sensibility of adding more caution. But it is typical of these particular posters to act in this immature fashion.

You can disagree with my opinion and I won't be trying to trash you about it.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Maybe you guys should start a concussion thread??

3973c89b972c2bf387065fc702643270.gif

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Not mistreated, well how about Marc-Andre Bourdon.. was he mistreated or wanted to come back? Rhetorical.....

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Rubtsov's team (I'm not going to attempt to spell it) is 7-1-1 with him the lineup.

I'm not saying he's the main reason, but it's pretty clear, he's the main reason.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Maybe you guys should start a concussion thread??

As somebody who suffers from post concussion syndrome from playing hockey, it's really not an exact science, I had to go through 3 neurologists to get properly diagnosed and fight my insurance company to get into a rehab that dealt with concussions. i know they are trying an injection that is supposed to help at the time of injury. I had no ill side effects from previous concussions, until my last one.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rubtsov's team (I'm not going to attempt to spell it) is 7-1-1 with him the lineup.

I'm not saying he's the main reason, but it's pretty clear, he's the main reason.

They only had three NHL draft picks on the team prior to him coming. So adding another one especially of higher end capability really helps.

Saint John's is the best team in the Q. They had 8 NHL picks on the roster to start out the year. They traded one then added three more. They currently have 10 with some young guys that should get drafted in upcoming years as well.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Carey -- Miele -- MacDonald
Martel -- Rubtsov -- Aube-Kubel
Dove -- Vorobyov -- Kaše
Goulbourne -- Fazleev -- Bardreau

Brennan -- Myers
Hägg -- Friedman
O'Neill -- Willcox

Lyon
Sandström

Could happen next year... just maybe! ;)

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
Carey -- Miele -- MacDonald
Martel -- Rubtsov -- Aube-Kubel
Dove -- Vorobyov -- Kaše
Goulbourne -- Fazleev -- Bardreau

Brennan -- Myers
Hägg -- Friedman
O'Neill -- Willcox

Lyon
Sandström

Could happen next year... just maybe! ;)

Is it likely that Vorobyov comes over next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad