Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Autumn 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Doesn't matter if he lost the FO and it led to a goal, it's a one time event.
Does matter if he's not well above 50% on FOs, if he can't win FOs in the AHL, what chance does he have in the NHL.
Not that winning FOs is a huge difference maker, but it is a skill that can keep you on the ice in certain situations.

Reactions: renberg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Doesn't matter if he lost the FO and it led to a goal, it's a one time event.

So, you agree with me then that a single draw is a completely ridiculous thing for Meltzer to point out. How's your Chinese? I think I can get you a job.

Does matter if he's not well above 50% on FOs, if he can't win FOs in the AHL, what chance does he have in the NHL.
Not that winning FOs is a huge difference maker, but it is a skill that can keep you on the ice in certain situations.

So, what's his FO % right now then?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So, you agree with me then that a single draw is a completely ridiculous thing for Meltzer to point out. How's your Chinese? I think I can get you a job.

Like I said, much ado about nothing. Overreaction by Frost knob lickers.
It happened, so what's the big deal about mentioning it.

I doubt Bill is part of some conspiracy to bury Frost, quite the contrary, I'm sure Fletcher is attending as many Phantom games as he can, and has scouts at every game - they're desperate for Frost and maybe Willman or Sushko to show they're ready for a promotion.

Brassard - Frost - MacEwen would be a serious upgrade for what they're rolling right now.

So, what's his FO % right now then?

Good question. We don't have any Phancy stats this year.

Reactions: Fotiu29

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I would absolutely never get on any player about a draw. It's 50/50, pretty much literally, independent of player.

The media apparatus of this organization is shoving their propaganda down your throat and you are only too happy to lap all of it up because it confirms your biases. Meanwhile, our team is f***ing shit because the organization is run by a bunch of clowns.
Propaganda is reporting only one-sided information. It seems that’s what you want, not what I want. Meltzer has reported both positive & negative info about Frost. That’s fair.

I’m pretty sure if Thompson loses an important draw or puck battle you have no problem with it being mentioned.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Propaganda is reporting only one-sided information. It seems that’s what you want, not what I want. Meltzer has reported both positive & negative info about Frost. That’s fair.

I’m pretty sure if Thompson loses an important draw or puck battle you have no problem with it being mentioned.

1. That's literally not what propaganda is, but I guess it doesn't matter since people are entitled to their own facts nowadays. Propaganda is using biased or misleading information to advance a particular point of view. For example, say, oh, I don't know, that Morgan Frost losing a single draw "cleanly" that lead to a goal means he's not ready for the NHL yet because he has to work on his defense.
2. No, I wouldn't be ok with someone using a single draw to critique any player, because it's a 50/50 proposition pretty much independent of player. It's chance.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Like I said, much ado about nothing. Overreaction by Frost knob lickers.
It happened, so what's the big deal about mentioning it.

I doubt Bill is part of some conspiracy to bury Frost

Meltzer can see the writing on the wall and has his own biases; there is no reason to frame it the way he did but to pile on Frost.

quite the contrary, I'm sure Fletcher is attending as many Phantom games as he can, and has scouts at every game - they're desperate for Frost and maybe Willman or Sushko to show they're ready for a promotion.

Brassard - Frost - MacEwen would be a serious upgrade for what they're rolling right now.

200.gif

And what has Nate Thompson done to show he deserves his roster spot exactly? Patrick Brown?

Good question. We don't have any Phancy stats this year.

So there is absolutely no connection to be made between this single draw and any meaningful criticism of Frost and draws or anything else. Got it.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Propaganda is using biased or misleading information to advance a particular point of view.

I agree. And omitting negative information while only reporting positive information is a form of using biased or misleading information to advance a particular point of view.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I agree. And omitting negative information while only reporting positive information is a form of using biased or misleading information to advance a particular point of view.

200.gif

Mischaracterizing a single lost draw isn't reporting negative information, it's reporting misleading information.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
200.gif

Mischaracterizing a single lost draw isn't reporting negative information, it's reporting misleading information.
If you take issue with the characterization of lost “cleanly,” that’s one thing. But you per se are taking issue with the reporting of a lost defensive zone faceoff in a sequence that led to a goal against. That part is simply a fact.

The reader can choose what weight to give that fact. It shouldn’t require censorship.

It appears to me that you are sensitive to any negative reporting about Frost, & thus shooting the messenger.

Reactions: Flyerfan18

mja

Jan 7, 2005
If you take issue with the characterization of lost “cleanly,” that’s one thing. But you per se are taking issue with the reporting of a lost defensive zone faceoff in a sequence that led to a goal against. That part is simply a fact.

The reader can choose what weight to give that fact. It shouldn’t require censorship.

It appears to me that you are sensitive to any negative reporting about Frost, & thus shooting the messenger.

What censorship? Calling out bullshit ≠ censorship. It appears to me you are full of shit, and so is Meltzer, and so is this front office.

And if Frost warrants negative reporting then so be it, but this is just making up stuff to make him look bad to justify keeping him off the roster in place of guys who don't belong anywhere near an NHL roster.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
What censorship? Calling out bullshit ≠ censorship. It appears to me you are full of shit, and so is Meltzer, and so is this front office.

And if Frost warrants negative reporting then so be it, but this is just making up stuff to make him look bad to justify keeping him off the roster in place of guys who don't belong anywhere near an NHL roster.

there’s some bs here but it ain’t Meltzer. It’s the Frost brigade that like to blame his bust status on management.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
there’s some bs here but it ain’t Meltzer. It’s the Frost brigade that like to blame his bust status on management.

You and the Management Brigade get mega offended when it's pointed out that they e done an awful job building the roster and handling Frost who has skill the NHL team is desperate for.

The results for the last decade are so good though, really easy to understand why you worship them so.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You and the Management Brigade get mega offended when it's pointed out that they e done an awful job building the roster and handling Frost who has skill the NHL team is desperate for.

The results for the last decade are so good though, really easy to understand why you worship them so.

Well, blaming Fletcher for Holmgren is a bit of a stretch.
It was Holmgren that got this team into an awful hole.
Hextall drafted them out of it, but failed to land enough blue chip players.
Fletcher??? Check back in two years.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unlike the Flyers offense in the last six games, Frost is not a bust.

No. He's a ??? Same way JOB, who is often called a bust, is a ??? Even Rubtsov.
Laberge is a bust, Ratcliffe is on his way to bustville. Patrick is a bust.

Patrick has been out since October 27 with an "upper-body injury."
Uh oh, we've been here before.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, blaming Fletcher for Holmgren is a bit of a stretch.
It was Holmgren that got this team into an awful hole.
Hextall drafted them out of it, but failed to land enough blue chip players.
Fletcher??? Check back in two years.

Fletcher has full ownership of this team and how it is being managed and handled. It isn't 2018 anymore.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017

I like the job Fletcher did overall this offseason. That’s no secret but you don’t see me commenting on coaching much. Other than to say coaching doesn’t impact 5 on 5 play that much. Doesn’t matter who the coach is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad